-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue87D100

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Contact seller
I have a SS intake I am looking to sell. Its a cast iron piece,that has been modified. The carb pad has been opened up to accept the larger 2bbls(holley 2300),it has no effect on drive-ability,and you can still run a regular bbd or 2280 on it no problem.It also has the EGR ports filled on it so no need for a block off plate. I will also include a custom made bracket that was used to run a lokar kickdown cable. Its located in Round Rock Tx(North of Austin) Im looking for 70 plus shipping,and local pick up is welcomed.
SuperSix2.jpg

supersix.jpg

Throttle cable/kickdown bracket not included. Just the custom bracket to run a lokar kickdown. Changed price to 70+ship.

Really need the money for my truck. 60+ shipping,will be going on ebay this saturday with a 60.00 starting price and no reserve.

these were flying off the shelf at 100, what happened? Good luck, bump

I thought I was asking a fair price,especially considering that you dont have to use a block off for the EGR since the holes are filled. That saves you 10 bux, or the time of making one.I really hate ebay,and giving them part of my money:mumum: and I would rather it go to someone on here that can use it.

Hay I know the feelin. I gotta 4 speed hump I had at 100 OBO. Hell, new ones are 159 and 179. I ain't givin the sumbitch away. I said OBO and soon as I say it's goin to the scrap yard, everybody wants it for nuthin. I will go home tonight and fold it up like a sheet of paper. Good luck, I hope your intake sells for 250 bucks on feebay.

Everyone asked why no sale, so a buyer's perspective. I recently got a 64 slant so I looked, but alum 4-barrel intakes are $270 new on ebay and save a lot of weight, plus allow later MPI (I think). I wonder why people paid so much for super six intakes a few years ago. Fads come and go.

If you want to run a two bbl carb,you have to buy an adapter,thats another 20-30 bux. Plus,unless its a weiand/offy intake,you cant use the stock exhaust manifold/choke stove. And finally, I was asking 70-the-60-now 50,thats 200.00 or more less than buying a new 4bbl intake. So sure,if you got money to burn,the 4bbl intakes would be a better choice. But if you are on a budget,and want to run a stock exhaust manifold/2bbl carb the SS intake it the way to go.

If you want to run a two bbl carb,you have to buy an adapter,thats another 20-30 bux. Plus,unless its a weiand/offy intake,you cant use the stock exhaust manifold/choke stove. And finally, I was asking 70-the-60-now 50,thats 200.00 or more less than buying a new 4bbl intake. So sure,if you got money to burn,the 4bbl intakes would be a better choice. But if you are on a budget,and want to run a stock exhaust manifold/2bbl carb the SS intake it the way to go.

don't go any lower on your asking price, in my mind your completely fair and you may as well give it away at any lower price

also you may try advertising it on ebay for 7 days insted of 3 and make sure you start the listing on about mid day saturday so it has 2 weekends of people looking because some people don't have a chance to look during the week or don't have money

thats my .02 wish you the best of luck!

66-

Thank you for your advice,it is appreciated. Usually I go with a 7 or 10 day auction,but I am trying to get the $$$ quick so I can buy this carb,as it is a really good deal,and the seller is not holding it for me,so if someone comes up with the cash before me I will miss out.

Otherwise I would have asked 75,and sat on it untill it sold!:D

As of right now,it is pending sale!

That's a great piece at a killer price. I think your issue with selling it is that most people who screw with slants don't have the style of carb it is modified for sitting on their shelves. I would almost guarantee, if you supplied a core carb with that manifold, it would sell for $150 within a day or two. I flip stock manifolds with carb cores all the time in that price range, and have yet to sit one one for more than a week or two. Good luck with it.

That's a great piece at a killer price. I think your issue with selling it is that most people who screw with slants don't have the style of carb it is modified for sitting on their shelves. I would almost guarantee, if you supplied a core carb with that manifold, it would sell for $150 within a day or two. I flip stock manifolds with carb cores all the time in that price range, and have yet to sit one one for more than a week or two. Good luck with it.

it looks as if its just the hole opening that has been opened up so carburators with bigger throttle plates will fit, it looks as if the factory 2 barrel will still bolt on

it looks as if its just the hole opening that has been opened up so carburators with bigger throttle plates will fit, it looks as if the factory 2 barrel will still bolt on

I think he modified it to take the larger base 2bbl used on 360/383/400 engines...which BTW would be just about perfect for a mild Slant.

Yep a stock carb will fit and work just like normal. In fact the PO of this manifold had used a bbd with it with no issues. Anyone familiar with slantsix.org will know the vehicle this came off of; the Slantkota,a slant six powered dakota.

Ive got it back up on ebay with a longer duration,hope I have better luck this time!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/33067758103...ELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649#ht_500wt_949

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back