Molnar Crankshaft?

-

RJK3

8 3/4 Hoarder
Reaction score
Well, after a few nights of tossing and turning, I can make myself use the Scat crank (cast) that I have.
I'm building a single turbo 408.
I called Callies and they don't offer a small block stroker crank any longer. The tech on the phone recommended Molnar.
I'm not too familiar with them, and was hoping to get some feedback from some of you that have.
The cost isn't too bad. How is the quality?
Any horror stories?
Thanks for the help!

Molnar, good stuff. We're using his rods and crank in the 572 Hemi we're building. And I used his rods in the 528 Hemi we built.

X2 on Molnar, dealer for them myself. Tom was the engineer behind two other well known higher end mfg's.

I have molnar 4.00" in my 390cid and now building 430cid with molnar 4.125 stroke crank and molnar 6.126" sb chevy rods. Great stuff..

Why not sell your, scat cast kit and get, the scat forged kit? heck Have a friend with a 408 ford widsor with a cast stroke crank that makes around 800rwhp, been that way for 6 years now. Sure the scat forged would be more than strong enough.

Why not sell your, scat cast kit and get, the scat forged kit? heck Have a friend with a 408 ford widsor with a cast stroke crank that makes around 800rwhp, been that way for 6 years now. Sure the scat forged would be more than strong enough.

That's the plan, just put the ad up last night. :)

Molnar -very nice stuff good cranks and rods

They are just under the top shelf crank companies
King/Kellogg/Winberg

Did you buy direct or from a dealer?
What did you pay for it, if you don't mind sharing.

I actually stumbled across it on e-bay but I called and ordered it direct rather than use e-bay. Got it for $650 shipped. The price should have been $680 but he figured the shipping wrong. When he caught it he told me about his mistake but honored his original quote. It was Jerry's Custom Engines in Ohio (sorry, I don't remember the town). His # is 785-408-2911

I actually stumbled across it on e-bay but I called and ordered it direct rather than use e-bay. Got it for $650 shipped. The price should have been $680 but he figured the shipping wrong. When he caught it he told me about his mistake but honored his original quote. It was Jerry's Custom Engines in Ohio (sorry, I don't remember the town). His # is 785-408-2911

Awesome!
Thanks for the info!
That's a great deal!

Just called to order rods and crank.....cranks are out of stock for at least 3 months. Ugh...I guess it's going to be Scat.

I don't think I've ever seen a post here that was so universally favorable for a part supplier. I'm impressed. I may have to think Molnar when I refresh my engine.

I have one in my 440W8 motor. I was impressed when I received it.

Attachments

• IMG_20140607_191237_116 (2).jpg
    30 KB · Views: 441
I wish I could have gotten my hands on one...I ordered the Scat crank and Molnar H beams with .927 pins.
Should be here next week.
Oh well....maybe on my next build.
Thanks to everyone for all of the input.

I also run a Molnar 4" crank in my W8 engine.... along with his rods. Went with the chevy pin size for more rod options.

Eagle rod from our old W5 deal..... and Molnar that we're currently running in our W8

7AAF6E7D-FA40-43F0-B8AD-66194C3335B9-7437-000008985A39F0CE_zps626d63c4.jpg

Is that molnar rod 6.123" too, looks shorter, how about weights? Eagle looks heavy?

-
Back