Mom's 67 Cuda

-

D Gazz

Reaction score
Just jumping in with both feet into a good project. I have my Mom's 67 Cuda convertable to work through that has been setting in the garage untouched for 17 years. She purchased this guy brand new off of the showroom floor back in 1967. It has always been her baby and kept only in the garage. Still have the window sticked and original sales contract in the glove box. Can't wait to get it up and running.
I know that I will have many needs to discuss mechanical and material issues with others of you out there and look forward in getting started.
D Gazz

Sounds like a perfect project, you know all the history and that it hasn't been "messed with". Can't wait to see a pic of that beast.

GREAT car, get her running and keep it in the family!!!!!! What motor does it have? Waiting pics............

Good for you, keeping it in the family. I have my father's 67 convertible, as of 2 weeks ago.

Just getting started and onle have a couple of pics that I need to upload. Learning my way around in the forum. They arn't really that good either. It is a one owner, my Mom, car. 1967 Barracuda "CONVERTABLE". Has just the basics though, 273 V8, 2bbl carb., no power brakes, no power steering, no A/C, does have auto trans but on the collum not in the console.
My thoughts . . Rebuild the original block to keep the matching numbers, but upgrade to a dual plain 4-bbl intake and carb. And just to keep it breathing in ballance, add 2-1/2" exhaust headers.
What do you think? ? ?

It has been garage keept all of it's life, no rust. I will post some starting pics prety soon...
Thanks Guys

Welcome!
I have a 67 vert also. I would stay with stock exhaust. Do not put cheap headers on
there because it is a pain in the rear and they always hang way to low.

If you insist on headers go with Dougs or TTI,s . I went with TTI,s and a complete TTI
exhaust system with DynoMax super turbo mufflers.

Can't wait to see pictures!

Darryl

I am one of those old-school "ORIGINAL" value nuts as well. I have given it all alot of thought but just not sure yet what to do. Stay in touch for the upcoming pics. I'd love to hear others thoughts as well.

Good deal. How great is it that you are going to get your mom's car running again!!!

Man, I would keep it as original as possible. Or at least hold on to the original intake and carb so you'll have it. I still think it would be cool to be at shows and allow people to see just the way it came from the factory.

Posting Pic's is quite a challange. Let's see I I did this one correctly. This is an old 67 pic of her setting in her new ride.

Attachments

• Mom in 67 Barracuda.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 81
-
Back