Monster Mopar weekend 2011?????

-

toplscuda

Reaction score
Maybe not unless they find a new place to have it. Gateway announced this morning they are ceasing operation and closing up. With both NASCAR and the NHRA pulling all future events from the track and the load of past due property tax they owe it had ended the track. Leaves the area without a functioning racetrack. Kind of sad but the rumors were floating around for awhile.

Definately some bad news to say the least. If it dont happen i guess i'll start the Mopar Nats in Ohio. I'll get on the horn and see what i can find out.
Small Block

Just what we were afraid was going to happen. Somebody dropped the ball.

Crap St.Louis was a haul for me but I was gonna try and pull the car next year. Now I just dont know.

Maybe the promoters can find an old air strip or something cool. Would hate to see it die.

Dang, I was planning on going in 2011.

dang maybe in jonesbrough arkansas or I dont know maybe scott air force base? too bad

My neighbor told me about a new track their building at Eolia. Which is north of St. Louis on Hwy 61. He told me NHRA has already checked it out for a national event. Maybe they'll move MMW up there. I've been going every year for years and I would hate to see it end. Here's a link to the new tracks website, I hope it works.

http://www.marpark.net/

Ive also heard of the new track being built. Supposed to be by the people who owned the one that used to hold the missouri mopar shootout in wentzville Mo.

anyone have connections at Heartland Park (Topeka ks) ? just asking. Lawrence

There is always a chance that a new owner will operate the track by next season and MMW can still be held there. We can always hope. I hate to see it get torn down but I never heard mention of that. The new track linked above sounds interesting too. Glad to see one pop up. I went to that Wentzeville track in 1990. It was a neat small track.

That sucks that was a big thing that my dad would take me and my brother to when we were young. One year I rember my brother was five doin the limbo with all the hooters girls and man was my dad proud. lol

I live in St Louis and I hate to say it but Gateway [waitway] is no big lose.I only raced there M MOPAR weekend.The track was ran so bad we all would rather drive 2 hours to race than put up with them

I mostly only ran gateway for monster mopar due to it being very poorly run myself. I remember when they used to turn on the lights and let us run monster mopar at night too but they took that away from us but the registration price still seems to go up. From what ive heard gateway has allready had offers from people wanting to buy the facility but they refused to sell.

If anyone is local to gateway and doesnt know there is a 1/8th mile track in benton, IL I go there sometimes its pretty decent for an outlaw track.

I talked with one of the promoters this year and he said there would be a M.M.W. in 2011 they just didn't know where. Hope he was right.

We was going to go to Benton last year but we decided to go to Havana instead.Great track and some good peaple that ran it but what a hhhhhaul, we also go to Sieckston [spelling?] and have a good time.

He going to need a bigger garage to hold all the cars.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am being told that it will be in INDY for 2011, The track in Eolia is on hold. They were supposed to close on the land, and start construction in October. There are people in the Eolia are that are opposed to the track and location. Lincoln county is supposed to be helping them find another area. Hopefully MARPARK gets built, but I am very doubtful.

Wow we have a great facility here in Kansas city mo. It's large wnough to hold the mmw i think. It's a 1/4 track and lots of lodging in the area. It's not enven 4 hours west of gateway. Tracks been greatly improving in the last year or two with new management/owners.

-
Back