Monster Mopar Weekend to be held in Indianapolis

-

Joshking440

Reaction score
Just like the title reads folks!!!!! My name is Josh King and I have recently acquired Monster Mopar Weekend. I want to spread the word that we have moved the event to Indianapolis to keep it alive during the uncertainty of Gateway. It will be a full car show, drag race, manufacturers midway, swap meet, car corral. The whole 9 yards!!!!!! Im going to work my tail off to make this the best event in the midwest and could not even imagine to do it with out the support of the Mopar Community!!! I appreciate any feedback you guys have. Feel free to PM me, email me [email protected] or call me 317 681 4546

Thanks again folks!!!!!!!!!

Good job on the web site Joshking440 :rock:
I was going to put it in the event's forum but I see you have it there :colors:

I will be spreading the news in hopes of a wagon train from the midsouth to arive and enjoy this event again in the new location.

We should arrange a FABO gathering one of the evenings at one of the hotels or something. Just so everybody can hang out and meet who's there. A FABO area inside the show would be cool too.

I will designate a FABO section for you guys. Lets get a huge car count!!!!

0411_mopar_mag_press.jpg

Just realized a downside to this...same weekend as james dean (not that james dean show itself will be huge or as good as it used to be) but I really like the whole weekend itself...and I've been going to it since I was a little kid...im lost now...

Is the registration info current. When I click on register for show or drag it comes up for 2010? Am I in the wrong area??? Love that Duster on the poster, I need a hood like that!!

Our mopar group was in Indy the last time Nat's was there and the cops were nothing but trouble!!!! 2 guy's spent the night in jail for doing a minimal burn out and the cops TOOK your car and drove it to the impound yard!!!! instead of towing them.I mentioned this show to them and they have a real negative attitude about INDY in this regard . Now we don't want to lay a mile long burn out anywhere But want to have some fun--- Can you respond to this Josh?? We have about 20 cars from north of Milwaukee and would make the trip but not if we can't have some fun,Have you addressed this I'm sure were not the only ones that remember the Nat's there--Steve

Our mopar group was in Indy the last time Nat's was there and the cops were nothing but trouble!!!! 2 guy's spent the night in jail for doing a minimal burn out and the cops TOOK your car and drove it to the impound yard!!!! instead of towing them.I mentioned this show to them and they have a real negative attitude about INDY in this regard . Now we don't want to lay a mile long burn out anywhere But want to have some fun--- Can you respond to this Josh?? We have about 20 cars from north of Milwaukee and would make the trip but not if we can't have some fun,Have you addressed this I'm sure were not the only ones that remember the Nat's there--Steve

He is working with LOCALS, I'm sure he will post what he finds out about cruising

What I seen with the last Indy Mopar Nats, several were driving less then street legal cars and wanting to do as they did on Brice Road. Well they write tickets on Brice Road too. I have seen tickets for burnouts in Ohio on Brice & in Heath.

Yes, the cops were not very friendly. Come play safe and have some fun. If you want to do some burn outs, Josh has some plans for that too.

Can someone send me some places to make hotel reservations for this,I'll need a group of rooms,Is anywhere in Indy good or are there "bad" area's to stay away from??? Steve

Thanks for the help--

Best to try and stay in Brownsburg or Plainfield, both would be good locations and close to the track

Many new hotels close to the Indy airport and I 70

I did meet with the city of brownsburg and they are excited to help. They have even mentioned shutting down a road for us to cruise and keep the locals out. I have another meeting with the chief of police and his people. You guys should have seen the look on the face of the city commisoner when I explained to him that the folks coming to the event were good people but they all would be leaving black marks on the city streets and if they weren't left alone i would take the cruise to Avon, which is their rival suburb to the south. I was at the mopar nationals at Indy when the cops were dicks and that is the reason I'm trying o keep this in a small suburb city that will welcome the revenue.

Work has me missing the Nats in Columbus this year, so I'm thinking this will be the ticket. If you can get the registration info up, I am really, really interested.
A change in venue would be nice too.

Thanks Josh--I'm glad someone here remembers how the cops acted,You stated it better than I could,I'm glad your going to the right officials about this,I hope to bring our little group of guy's down,Like I said we are not into laying down a mile of rubber on the streets but like to should we say squeak the tire a little LOL just a little--Steve

The registration info is current on the web site. Registration opened May 1.
The cool thing is, pre-register and you get an extra pass. So, for $40 or $50, depending on judging or not, you get a better deal than the Nats in Columbus. Hopefully it won't be as hot then and we'll be able to actually enjoy ourselves.
I'm on it.

-
Back