Monster mopar weekend!!

-

doogievlg

Reaction score
The race is happening in a few weekends and I wa wondering if there will be a fabo tent or meeting area. I'll be heading up Saturday morning and hopefully so will my dart. What's everyone's plans?

I will be there. I'm going to have my easy/up set up and Tony Fields banner in place. Folks are welcome to join in. If I can get enough interest, thought about having a cruise and get together at Frickers in Xenia. I can coordinate that now while there is still time to do so. For those of you from out of town, Frickers is a local chain that isn't to bad. Their menu is here and the prices won't beat you up. Kids always eat free, so it's not a bad place to bring kids.
I also can rope off enough space if I know how many folks are going to be in Xenia. I'll do my best to find some decent real estate to park on.

We'll be there with the multi-colored valiant LOL stop bye and say Hi,We'll be with the plum crazy racing team,Were going to run the track stuff thursday and friday and hit it hard sat/sun-We have a black haul mark trailer and black ram with black cap and ladder rack--Steve

I'll be around there all weekend someplace, probably mostly in the show cars. Sadly no car as usual.

Dennis come over and say hi--Update--We now have a 28ft new stealth black trailer-I'm pretty hard to miss 6'5 300lbs find the white valiant with the direct connection graphics--Steve

Gunnbunny--SO you will be on the show car side??? Steve

Sunday most will be getting ready to leave out. Does anyone know if we can stay at the track on Friday night?

Yes, I'll be on the car show side. not that it will be hard to find. The 1/4 track is located at the far right as you come in.
With Tony's banner,I shouldn't be hard to find.
Kegan, yes you can stay at the track Friday night. they do have a strict noise policy, so no engines between 10am and 10pm.
Don't look for me until Saturday morning though.

While the racing is impressive, the show is maybe a 10th the size of last year.
I blame that on the piss poor planing on the part of the organizers.

I'll be up there later today in my 4X4. Hopefully I'll see you all there.

The weather played a huge factor yesterday. The racing turnout was way down also. People aren't going to show for a 30-40% chance of rain and high humidity.

I agree, communication could have been better from the organizers.

Dennis

I had a good time. It was worth the drive for me since I was sort of close. I have never been to a mmw in the past but it was a weak turnout. Gunbunny how was the turnout today?

Sparse, and that's being very, very, very kind. There was maybe 10 or 15 show cars and I had 2 of them.
No vendors at all except the photo people and the T-shirt people.
If it wasn't for the racers, no one would be there at all.

As far as promoting I think they did more for this event than the Indy event. I have been getting 5-10 e-mail/facebook notifications per day and while driving to the track actually heard a radio spot for it. Never heard a radio spot in Indy (and I live there) and didn't get 10% of the notifications online but I still have to agree with gunbunny, information is your friend!
Forgot to mention that most cars in the showcar field were new Challengers and Chargers.....just not into seeing new model vehicles in car shows but that's just me.

Ok so no one could find us and say hi??? Well except for kegan he even knocked before he came into the trailer-lol-steve

-
Back