Monster Mopar Weekend's new name

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
One of the largest Nostalgia Super Stock races in the country will be calling Beech Bend Raceway and the NMCA home in 2011. For the past five years the Monster Mopar event at Gateway International Raceway (Madison, Ill.) hosted the Dave Duell Classic, but with the abrupt closing of the St. Louis-area drag strip at the conclusion of the 2010 racing season, event founder Doug Duell, needed to find a new venue to host the event, which is named after his late father, Dave. and be at Bowling Green, Ky. Track.

Nothing I could find on the swap meet Small Block.

Just a heads up for our members that own and race these great MoPar's :coffee2:

wheres beech bend? Only beech bend i have heard of is tx. foreplay. Beech bend over.

BOWLING GREEN?!?!?!?! Holy cow, that's only 3 hours and 150 miles from me!
Oh my God, I might actually get to go this year. And -- dare I say it??? -- maybe even drive my Cuda! (No, it won't be on the track, it's a street car.) Hope the biggest Mopar show in the midwest is still taking place and it's not just racing.

I was having a really crappy week til I read this thread Mike. Ya made my day! :-D

That's exciting news. BeechBend has a great strip plus my sister lives there. Awesome!!!

I will trailer mine to b/g and unload and cruise caintuck. Maybe we can get Dane out too. Got my tags this week and registered them. I,m street legal. Well kinda.lol

Attachments

• 2 net 001.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 150
When is it....might be able to make that one
We have plenty of time to put our pennies back for this one Tony :thumbup:
It would be to cool to pay the fees to be the only /6 and pull out a win :headbang: I bet this can be a all drag racing and For A bodies only gathering :love9:
Would love to see all of the folks there and I bet Small block will be ready for a vacation by this time :thumbup:
It will be held August 5-7, 2011 at Beech Bend Raceway Park so yall better pack short pants and shades :)

BOWLING GREEN?!?!?!?! Holy cow, that's only 3 hours and 150 miles from me!
Oh my God, I might actually get to go this year. And -- dare I say it??? -- maybe even drive my Cuda! (No, it won't be on the track, it's a street car.) Hope the biggest Mopar show in the midwest is still taking place and it's not just racing.

I was having a really crappy week til I read this thread Mike. Ya made my day! :-D

150 miles in 3 hours, darn girl, you slowin down or what .....lol

150 miles in 3 hours, darn girl, you slowin down or what .....lol

LOL! Hey, I was just relying on mapquest ... and figuring on getting pulled over once or twice in between. ;-) I remember what it was like moving from SoCal to south Louisiana with Slimer on a U-haul trailer. Every time I stopped for gas in the dually it took at least a half hour to get done talking with all the slack-jawed gawkers.

LOL! Hey, I was just relying on mapquest ... and figuring on getting pulled over once or twice in between. ;-) I remember what it was like moving from SoCal to south Louisiana with Slimer on a U-haul trailer. Every time I stopped for gas in the dually it took at least a half hour to get done talking with all the slack-jawed gawkers.
I bet you have talked to me and we did not know it Leanna :thumbup:

Not unless you were in Arizona or Texas from July 31 through August 3, 2003 Mike ... I didn't venture off of I-10 for all 2300+ miles except to find a motel when I got tired of driving.

Well I guess we have not met, I traveled many times to California and back to fla, or Mich. and I know I talked to some nice girls while I was outside seeking a smoke in while mom and gradma was inside getting coffee'ed up at gas stops :)

We have plenty of time to put our pennies back for this one Tony :thumbup:
It would be to cool to pay the fees to be the only /6 and pull out a win :headbang: I bet this can be a all drag racing and For A bodies only gathering :love9:
Would love to see all of the folks there and I bet Small block will be ready for a vacation by this time :thumbup:
It will be held August 5-7, 2011 at Beech Bend Raceway Park so yall better pack short pants and shades :)
Can take the following week off and go straight up to the Nat's! :nike:

Hey everyone, Beech Bend is a GREAT Drag Race track. I go there in June every and race in the NHRA Hot Rod Reunion!! I run my '66 Barracuda in D/Stock!! There is also an Amuzent Park for your family to enjoy!! I live in Western Ky. So I'm only about two & a half hours from it!!

Hey Donnie, where in western Kentucky are you? I'm in northwest Tennessee about 20 miles south of the border.

Beech Bend is a pretty neat track. They have a amusement park there too. I met Don Garlits there couple years ago. I'm glad Monster Mopar will live on. I know it won't be as big as it was st STL. It's hell getting in and out of that place.

Great track but your right on getting in and out. One fairly narrow road is all there is.

-
Back