Monterey Mechanic?

-

perko

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out why my duster won't start. Doesn't have spark and I can't seem to track down why. I think somethings grounding out somewhere. I'm ready to just pay someone to check it out. Does anyone know a reliable mechanic who's good with old mopars in the Monterey area? I live in seaside so close would be best. Thank you for your time.

Sorry, no help on the mechanic. I wouldn't even know where to go where I'm at since I do all my own work.

What have you checked so far? You say you have no spark, but do you know where you have power? Ie, have you checked with a multimeter to see if you're getting power to the distributor, coil, ballast resistor, etc? A '73 should be an electronic ignition car, so you'll also have an ECU out there.

If you're handy with a multimeter and can narrow down where you have power it will be a lot easier to troubleshoot.

It doesn't get to the coil. can't pinpoint where it is between that though. I'm not great with a multi-meter but i got that far. I'd like to drive it to the seaotter classic which is why i'd be down to just have someone take care of it.

-
Back