Moog 7104 offset bushings

-

cpearce

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
i just installed the moog 7103 offset bushings to gain more caster. In the box came some large and small washers which the instructions say press into the ends of the bushing sleeves. My concern is that by pushing in the washers the upper control arm bolts will not have the load evenly distributed along there length but will have load concentrated on the two spots where the washers push into bushings. This will occur because in order for the washers to push into the bushing sleeves they are obviously smaller in diameter. The width of the washer where it pushes into sleeve is about 5/32". I am worried about the concentrated load wearing the shaft of the bolts prematurely. Should I be concerned about this?

The bolts don't turn. the only movement is flex of the rubber.
If you decide you wont use those washers, I want them!

Thanks guys for the help. As usual the guys at FABO have the right info!!!! Can't wait to get car done!

Thanks guys for the help. As usual the guys at FABO have the right info!!!! Can't wait to get car done!

If you don't use those washers and just put the UCA in without anything, there will be a gap/slop between the frame attachments and the UCA.

I'd imagine some brain surgeon(s) over the past 50 years of these cars has just tightened the hell out of the cam bolts to "fix" the gap. And those cars will have bent-in frame attachment points. Just in case you see a car like this.

If you don't use those washers and just put the UCA in without anything, there will be a gap/slop between the frame attachments and the UCA.

I'd imagine some brain surgeon(s) over the past 50 years of these cars has just tightened the hell out of the cam bolts to "fix" the gap. And those cars will have bent-in frame attachment points. Just in case you see a car like this.
Lol, yes I can imagine someone has done that for sure. If I didn't get a clear opinion on the washers here I was going to machine some spacers to take up the difference.

-
Back