[SOLD] Mopar "308" heads, SS 2.02 valves, 273 rockers, ported EX,IN, and chamber

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerslave

Somewhere in time
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I have a pair of 308 heads, both intake, exhaust, and some of the chamber has been ported. The heads include a pair of 273 adjustable rocker arms off of a 1967 formula S cuda. I do not know the specifics of the port job or the CFM it flows, the head was my grandfathers and I wound up with it when he passed away. It is fitted for 2.02 Intake and I do not know of the exhaust valve size but it is probably stock (I will check on request), valves are stainless steel and look like the have not been ran for long at all, another indicator is that the exhaust port is pretty clean. I have no keepers or valve springs for the head.
When put next to a pair of J heads it appears that the push rod hole has been made larger (I will get a picture of this specifically later). Being a late LA 360 head it has revised exhaust ports similar to the magnum heads that flow better than the past design. I do not know if the heads have been decked at all, I can check on request though.
My bottom line is $1000, a lot of work has been done to this head, the valves along are around $400, the head without any work done to it usually goes for $200, and the rocker arms go for around $200. I cant image all the machine work and porting to be cheap but I assume $700+ for all the work.
I am in the Edmonton area of Alberta, Canada. Shipping will be at the expense of the buyer.

This the only picture I have on me right now as I had not planned on selling the heads but was more focused on how the 273 valve covers looked after I painted them at the time. More pictures tomorrow.

4de174ad.jpg

I may consider trades, my main reason for selling these heads is that I'm saving up for a 1968 Dart and I will either be going with a 440 or a R3 so I will not need the heads.
Also, new pictures:
b22a0740.jpg

fbbd644c.jpg

281d8274.jpg

The head in the background is a '915' head
a118430a.jpg

Push rod hole in the 308
b85ee87a.jpg

Push rod hole in the 915
c28833a4.jpg

2273159c.jpg

46472796.jpg

Bottom of the 308
a4951e03.jpg

Bottom of the 915
e9f4ccb7.jpg

9cb51153.jpg

They have sat for a bit and have not been hot tanked and would probably clean up nice if they were.
Any way to thumb these? [t][/t] and [thumb][/thumb] doesn't work

Changed out the rocker shafts for new ones, I also looked over every inch of the heads and I cannot find a single crack (as requested by another member). While I was looking them over I found that the casting line near the push rod holes had been ground down for better flow.
3506eb7d.jpg

09db246a.jpg

The new rocker shafts
3fda0fd9.jpg

Old next to the new
0f7b63b4.jpg

Applied oil generously
2389c154.jpg

Part number for the rocker shafts
0146d502.jpg

This head is a really nice cast compared to the 915, this is on one of the coolant ports
368d5330.jpg

I also have some crane cams studs for the rockers that I can include if the buyer wishes to have them, they have a larger bottom than the stock ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back