mopar 340 ??????

is 500$ a good price for a mint 340

• Total voters
-

Tawny Demon

Reaction score
hi i have the oppertunity for a 1970 340 perfect condition for 500 hundred dollars i would like to know your oppions and the average prices of 340 motors . ps this motor has NO defects or problems i know the whole history on it

Your kidding right...

If that thing has exhaust manifolds on it it's worth 2-3 times that much!

I just bought a 340 (1970) last week for $800. The seller didn't even know the history on it. Snatch it up quick!

Odd that you would build this type of thread if you know the history of this engine.If someone you know should hand you 500.00 would you say NO?Buy it-if you can't afford to keep it,I guarantee you can sell it and make yourself 500 very quick,if it is in the condition that you say.

I know buying extra parts is aliitle hard to do after spending alot on the car to start with but that is a good investmant.Even if you don't use it right away or have to sale it later you won't be in the red on it.I was content with building my 318 (maybe stroking it) when I ran across a 71" 340 fresh from the machine shop,block,truck pan and forged crank balancer along with x heads that needs a total head job on but has all the parts to the heads.Using everything except the crank,piston and rods from the 318 I'm out $800.Do the math.GRAB IT.

hi i have the oppertunity for a 1970 340 perfect condition for 500 hundred dollars i would like to know your oppions and the average prices of 340 motors . ps this motor has NO defects or problems i know the whole history on it
lol

Got mine for $600 so yeah, that's a great deal. Of course I was told by some doofus on here that they are impossible to find for that price, so thanks OP for proving that they are out there.

Must be location, I've found 2 in the last 3 years one was 1200 needed rebuilt,The other one was tore apart 1000. I offered 600 on each one and told em they could keep the heads,Neither took my offer,

These beasties are 40+ years old.Just the manifolds and heads bring a k in good shape.

I just picked up a block for 200 ! Grab that sucker fast !!

Winter of 2010-11 I sold a 72 340 block with pistons and rods for $450. I advertised it on craigs locally, and it sold in two days. This was just a block, with light rust on the deck surface, and a set of pistons and rods. No crank, heads, manifolds, intake, etc.

Another local sold a complete 70 engine, ran but needed rebuilt, smoked bad, 2 cylinders very low compression, for $1200 about that same time. Both his and mine were sold "full disclosure", meaning the buyers knew exactly what they were getting, and what would be needed.

If you didnt but it yet please forward the info via PM to me so i can buy it! Don't be a putz

If you didnt but it yet please forward the info via PM to me so i can buy it! Don't be a putz

thats halarious! I have been looking for one for two years and cant find a deal anywhere near that price even for one that needs a total overhaul those seem to be going for 1000-1200 in michigan without manifolds

Buy it, flip it for $1000+ or save it for a resto 340 car and make a couple grand... The 340 is a fairly rare and sought-after engine.

Lotta info here, I've got two 1970 340 blocks, cranks, pistons, rods and a Fluidampr I will be offering for sale shortly but I live in southern Oregon and don't leave my home much in the summer as the heat can kill me..

-
Back