Mopar 396 SB Stroker is off the Dyno & in the Books

-
why 2.08 intakes and how much port work on the heads im going to use those same heads on my build a 416

So it has dyno and book numbers. Does it have track numbers yet?

Ummm, have you ever been in Wisconsin in January? LOL I think he will have to wait a few months before we get any track time.

No I have not. Never been above the Mason Dixon line. I plan on keepin it that way.

Sadly we didn't get the motor into the car in time for any street or track testing, our winter started harshly in November. I will be waiting patiently until we have a few rainfalls in April to get it out on the street, and I'll be going to the track as soon as they open.

In the meantime I'm taking out some weight, 1975's are heavy, 3440# no driver with 8 gallons of gas before I started this project. Hoping to shave off 300# minimum, we'll see how it goes in the next few weeks. Since I am not a skinny man LOL hoping this reduction gives me a chance for running 10's, only time will tell. ( if it's that close, my local friend who is 100# pounds lighter promised he'd drive a couple passes )

I can't wait !!!!!!! :burnout:

If you get the chassis dialed in even the slightest bit you should hit the 10's. I have never dynoed my motor, but I would guess it is probably ~70hp less than yours and my car runs mid 10's....but I've been tuning this car for over 20 years, so it makes the most out of what I've got.

any flow #s for those headsand do the 208s flow or help that much more than 202s

No I have not. Never been above the Mason Dixon line. I plan on keepin it that way.

Out here on the farm the wind gusts have me at about -40* . . I got a spare room whenever you wanna come North of the line ;) haha the cummins hates it!!

so what about a 3.79 stroke, 4.070 bore, K1 6.2" SBC rod and a shelf diamond piston? My math says it's a go, maybe next year :glasses7:

Out here on the farm the wind gusts have me at about -40* . . I got a spare room whenever you wanna come North of the line ;) haha the cummins hates it!!

so what about a 3.79 stroke, 4.070 bore, K1 6.2" SBC rod and a shelf diamond piston? My math says it's a go, maybe next year :glasses7:

Sounds like it will be about .040-.045 in the hole at 9.6 deck.

Sounds like it will be about .040-.045 in the hole at 9.6 deck.

Just had a part number figured out that was .018 in the hole at 9.6, that's within decking IMO, calculated with the specs of a fel pro 1008 it had me at 10.35:1cr. I'll run numbers again, also used a chamber volume of 70cc.

looked at my notes, 6.25 rod not 6.2

any flow #s for those headsand do the 208s flow or help that much more than 202s

Just got done with a set this week. 2.055/1.62 valves and this is the way to go.

Lift Intake Exhaust %
.100 69.6 53.5 76.8
.200 144.4 114.1 79.0
.300 204.1 163.5 80.0
.400 253.1 194.7 76.9
.500 296.2 220.7 74.5
.600 301.8 232.4 77.0

Well, not a track but pretty damn good

Turn your speakers WAY up and enjoy

[ame]http://youtu.be/gxDrESHYSxE[/ame]

stupid cold pavement :)

I want to see that sucker running on the track. Grip and setup would surely make it a fun ride.

The 6 pack hood, not to mention the exhaust, take away a little bit o the sleeper mode !:supz:

I have comp eng slide a link, Dana 60 w/4.30 gears and a Liberty built faceplated 18 spline/mcleod clutch.

I can't wait to drop the hammer at the track and LET R EAT ! :burnout:

-
Back