Mopar A-E Body parts for Sale - FaceBook

-

tw7912

Reaction score
Anybody have any experience buying from the Mopar A-E Parts for Sale on Facebook?

Yes. Sadly my experience is like it is on Craigslist. Everyone wants it, IF they contact you, they almost never come to meet you and all want it for cheap before they even show.
You hold it for someone and they don’t seem to have the common courtesy to tell you they are running late or not coming at all. BUT, I’ve sold a few thing with great success. If I had to guess, 10-15% are decent. The rest are tire kickers. Hopefully others have had better results than I have.
Syleng1

No personal contact but the page as been in existence since 2019 And only has 1 admin.

The site lists a Colorado area code.

Screenshot_20240804-110744.png

Little googling of the phone number comes back to: ( no way to know if it is the correct info)

Klepinger, Ted & Susan

Yes. Sadly my experience is like it is on Craigslist. Everyone wants it, IF they contact you, they almost never come to meet you and all want it for cheap before they even show.
You hold it for someone and they don’t seem to have the common courtesy to tell you they are running late or not coming at all. BUT, I’ve sold a few thing with great success. If I had to guess, 10-15% are decent. The rest are tire kickers. Hopefully others have had better results than I have.
Syleng1
Thanks much, I'm looking to purchase directly from a seller whose page is "Mopar A-E Parts for Sale" on facebook. Haven't seen or heard about this page so I'm trying to get some folks who may have or had direct experience with them.

My 2 cents...

Buy something cheap as your first purchase.

Use PayPal and pay the fee to get buyers insurance

If all goes well then go for more expensive things.

If you find the seller is West of the Rockies, CO Springs to WY border I can check him out in person.

ive made several attempts to buy mopar stuff from fakebook. cant get straight answers and you cant get the contact information to buy. i chalk it up as a scam

ive made several attempts to buy mopar stuff from fakebook. cant get straight answers and you cant get the contact information to buy. i chalk it up as a scam
Signed up for one group "Buy sell and trade" Everyone just posted pictures of there completely finished, super shiny cars. I bailed out Waste of time

This one is not fun to write but maybe it will help out some members when parts shopping. If you read the thread you've seen that I did my due diligence and attempted to check out the seller before purchasing. No red flags came up, no problems showing from FaceBook, etc, so I decided to proceed with a $250 order for some 69 Cuda grille parts. I had extensive messages with the seller and confirmed the price, the shipping, etc. I sent the $250 via Paypal Friends at his request on Aug 4. We continued talking about other parts until Aug 9. I kept telling him to send me the shipper and shipping number. Since Aug 9, no response to my messages, except the automatic "we got your msg" reply. They do not answer the phone or return msgs. I sent an email to the listed email address, no response. Total quiet. The FaceBook page is "MOPAR A - E BODY PARTS FOR SALE". As of now the page is still up. I took my first steps today by reporting it to Facebook. My second step is to let everyone who reads this know. Yes, I know that maybe I should have done some things different. Not the least of which is using the PayPal Friends, the seller specifically requested it, and I know that many prefer it so that they will get all the sale money. My next step is to talk with Paypal, probably nothing they can do, but I'm going to wait another day or so just in case there has been a health problem or some other valid reason. Biggest aggravation is the parts were supposed to be a birthday present for my son who is restoring his own 69 FB Cuda. Thanks FABO and all who work to keep the site running at such a high level.

not to salt your wounds, but you know what the pay pal fee would be on $250?

$7.72

if a company won't eat $7.72 then you should suck it up and consider it as insurance.

paypal is gonna tell you to pound sand.

You're right. At least it will be reported to them, for whatever that may be turn out to be worth (zero).

The only name I have is a Michael Ramey. The Paypal payment was sent to an email address, the Paypal receipt showed the name. Thanks much

Probably a Scam. Same phone number, different email under a different FB Page. Try emailing this guy and ask him about your order.
IMG_0259.png

I sent an email to Genuine Mopar Parts as Subcom suggested. I have since also found the FB page labeled BARRACUDAS UNLIMITED and discovered that some of the same parts were listed on that page also by MOPAR A-E BODY PARTS - the same guy who took my order. I am waiting on FB to respond to my report.

-
Back