Mopar Action magazine

-

70Duster340

Reaction score
Does anyone know what happened? Did this one go out of business along with Mopar Muscle? The website won't allow me to renew my subscription, and there's only a phone number to call. Nobody to contact, either.

What the heck is happening? Are the GM guys having the same issues? Seems every time I find a good magazine for Mopar, they fold.

I was subscribed to the digital magazine, but I guess you can't have a digital magazine without a printed one.

The blacksmith down the dusty trail from me no longer has his door open for business either…..

The blacksmith down the dusty trail from me no longer has his door open for business either…..
Some trucks still use leaf springs though so your snide comment is pointless.
We still use aspirin. Paper maps will always work when your GPS on your phone craps out. Ratchets and sockets work long after the cordless tool battery loses it's charge. Progress doesn't replace everything.
Print media isn't dead but it has slowed down a LOT.

Is this the same one that couldn't stop themselves from inserting politics into every single magazine?

I asked one of the principals at Mopar Action if they were working on a comeback in digital or print. This was his reply:
"MA is 100% dead. It was doing just fine but the parent corporation got involved with sports illustrated, which took down the whole house of cards."

Mopar Action was published by Athlon Sports, which bought several magazines from Harris Publications, including MA, when they went under several years ago. Athlon was part of Parade media which published that Sunday newspaper insert Parade Magazine. Parade/Athlon came under the control of Arena Group which published Sports Illustrated. SI crashed and burned earlier this year, which took down some closely affiliated magazines, again including MA. SI is living on under different publishing control (too big to fail?), and some of the Athlon stuff has gone digital through different ownership. But not Mopar Action.

We still use aspirin. Paper maps will always work when your GPS on your phone craps out. Ratchets and sockets work long after the cordless tool battery loses it's charge. Progress doesn't replace everything.
Ya Kern dog, gotta agree.

Funny thing.

This whole site is dedicated to thousands of people restoring, repairing and customizing cars that are mostly over 50 years old .

And there are thousands of clubs for different makes of cars doing the same thing we are.

Internet/ social media can't replace that can it??

Is this the same one that couldn't stop themselves from inserting politics into every single magazine?
That is Mopar Collector's Guide (why I cancelled my subscription years ago). That is NOT Mopar Action, which was the most useful one of the bunch. Best tech information available for both mechanical stuff and restoration. Best info about useful parts sources.

That is Mopar Collector's Guide (why I cancelled my subscription years ago). That is NOT Mopar Action, which was the most useful one of the bunch. Best tech information available for both mechanical stuff and restoration. Best info about useful parts sources.
Totally agree!

I have pretty much every issue.

Slow your roll….

Yup, we still uses wheels along with aspirin. However, when was the last time you went to the video store, used the card catalog at the library, a floppy disk or got film developed??

Do a quick search for ‘magazine’ on this site and half of the hits relate to Mopar Action mag being killed. Not one or two, but half!
IMG_3043.png

Do we still use things made out of metal? Yeah. Are as many things made out of metal now compared to 50 or 100 years ago? Nope. Why? Because other materials exist that do a similar job. Do magazines and papers exist? Yeah but are there other forms of media now compared to 50 or 100 years ago? Yup. My point about the blacksmith comment was no one should be surprised there are fewer blacksmiths now much like no one should be surprised magazines are fewer and further between now. A quick search on this website confirms it and you even acknowledge it.

Easy now……

Ya can't hardly sit on the "throne" with a darn computer in ya lap....mags work so much better!!

I subscribed to MCG since it was a tabloid, but when it got to seem to be a rich guy's mag having parties at the Playboy mansion, I cut it loose. I always enjoyed MA.

Now MotorTrend on the sat wants me to pay to stream "on Demand" episodes recorded that is supposed to be free. WTF?

So far, I can go out and work on my old cars without interference....except the damn mosquitoes!! Except for micro-burts, tornadoes, huge thunderstorms and 100 mph straight line winds!!!! :BangHead: :BangHead: :thumbsup: :steering:

Slow your roll….

Yup, we still uses wheels along with aspirin. However, when was the last time you went to the video store, used the card catalog at the library, a floppy disk or got film developed??

Do a quick search for ‘magazine’ on this site and half of the hits relate to Mopar Action mag being killed. Not one or two, but half!
View attachment 1716251596

Do we still use things made out of metal? Yeah. Are as many things made out of metal now compared to 50 or 100 years ago? Nope. Why? Because other materials exist that do a similar job. Do magazines and papers exist? Yeah but are there other forms of media now compared to 50 or 100 years ago? Yup. My point about the blacksmith comment was no one should be surprised there are fewer blacksmiths now much like no one should be surprised magazines are fewer and further between now. A quick search on this website confirms it and you even acknowledge it.

Easy now……
You'd be correct if it was a natural death, it wasn't.

Hmmm, to think I bought the very last issue off the stand a while back, sux.

-
Back