Mopar Authentic Restoration Products

-

jerkyboy

Reaction score
I recently bought my first A body and I've been looking at parts suppliers and noticed that Jim's has a lot of parts for my '68 Dart that are labeled "Mopar Authentic Restoration Parts." I'm looking for feedback from forum members on the quality and fit of these parts. I also have a '63 Nova and have had good and bad experiences with the quality and fit of the goodmark parts. Your experiences will be greatly appreciated.:-D

I've read that Goodmark and Year One aren't thyat great but AMD is good quality.

I recently bought my first A body and I've been looking at parts suppliers and noticed that Jim's has a lot of parts for my '68 Dart that are labeled "Mopar Authentic Restoration Parts." I'm looking for feedback from forum members on the quality and fit of these parts. I also have a '63 Nova and have had good and bad experiences with the quality and fit of the goodmark parts. Your experiences will be greatly appreciated.:-D

Welcome to FABO!

all "Mopar Authentic Restoration Parts" means is that the company paid chrysler what ever crazy amount of money for the right to use "Mopar Authentic Restoration Parts" on their product..

from what i have read goodmark stuff is ok but AMD is the best.. but even AMD stuff may have to be tweaked to fit properly..

Welcome aboard! I think you will find the fit & quality of repop parts for your Mopar to be about the same as for your GM - some pretty good and some not so pretty good.
I used a few repop panels in my '72 Duster. The AMD tail panel fit like a glove. The trunk extensions I bought from someone off ebay fit real good. The 1/4 patch panel from Year One took a bit more tweaking...
C

all "Mopar Authentic Restoration Parts" means is that the company paid chrysler what ever crazy amount of money for the right to use "Mopar Authentic Restoration Parts" on their product..

No Joe!, say it ain't so, not Ma Mopar, lol. :snakeman:

There are people at Mopar that examine manufactures' parts for fit and correctness. If they meet Mopar's criteria they become "Authorized Restoration
Parts". Those that don't make the cut can still be manufactured but cannot carry oem markings like the penta-star. (supposedly) toolmanmike

There are people at Mopar that examine manufactures' parts for fit and correctness. If they meet Mopar's criteria they become "Authorized Restoration
Parts". Those that don't make the cut can still be manufactured but cannot carry oem markings like the penta-star. (supposedly) toolmanmike

its all about the money.. if they write a big enough check to chrysler it will get the "authorized restoration parts" logo on it... if you believe anything else your nuts.. its all about the money for chrysler. always was, always will be. chrysler is the most anti-enthusiast car company out there. ..

-
Back