Mopar Battery "Look" on the Cheap

-
I know old post but I just installed an old style battery topper on my duster. Neat but had to cut some of the plastic off on one side (can’t be seen in pic) fits really good and can’t tell at a glance.
Sucks that they still don’t make a bigger bracket for these. The seller on year one over the phone literally told me to either cut the plastic or have a new bracket welded
Oh well I made it work

View attachment 1715192645

View attachment 1715192646
Looks Good!
Where did you get your Battery Cables?

I know old post but I just installed an old style battery topper on my duster. Neat but had to cut some of the plastic off on one side (can’t be seen in pic) fits really good and can’t tell at a glance.
Sucks that they still don’t make a bigger bracket for these. The seller on year one over the phone literally told me to either cut the plastic or have a new bracket welded
Oh well I made it work

Looks awesome!

Oh well I made it work

That really looks nice. I'm still extremely happy with my purchase. Instead of cutting my topper, I cut the bracket. Either way achieves the desired result :thumbsup:

2017-07-09 010.JPG

I'm always puzzled by the many cars I see at shows where the owner has spent countless dollars and hours restoring a car and then it sits there with a DieHard battery or an Interstate or an Optima or.....
Now if the car is just a build and it has headers, different valve covers, chrome air cleaner or various other non-original items they look OK to me with whatever battery as well. But, if a car is supposed to be restored those obviously incorrect batteries really stand out to me. These topppers are a great way to get a modern battery to look the part.

I got one at the end of last winter. I just bent the tabs on the battery hold down out slightly. It isn't noticeable unless you are looking for it.

20180304_113108.jpg

I did too.

He is going to be thinking why the run on toppers and hold downs!

521 is literally around the corner from me. He is a good guy. Not sure but I think most items are drop shipped from other major venders.

He runs it out of his garage, I wish he had a store front. I priced the toppers and they are all about the same price so I would rather support 521 than the others.

-
Back