Mopar Classic at MIR 11/21/09

-

fzmax

Reaction score
Today I drove the Valiant down there from Elkton to meet RacerBob, pick up a four speed and see if there were any parts to be had. The swap meet had the most reasonable prices I've seen in the last 10 years.

I scored the 833 from Bob, an A-body inland shifter, a four speed hump and a pair of Monocoque small bolt wheels and still had enough cash left over to buy lunch. Some of the other things I had to pass on were a complete A-body 8 3/4 with an open pig and drums for $400, an A-body housing with aftermarket large bolt axles for $350 and two small bolt rotors, spindles and calipers for $125.

There were a ton of nice cars. My favorites were a 70 300 H and a 68 Hemi Dart (not a SS clone, but done to look like a factory car). Considering all the parts I got for my car, it was well worth the trip. Plus the track is a very nice facility. I'll be going back next year, hopefully to run my car.

So good turnout? We were down the original date on halloween and they refunded our ticket. Never went back down. Duster was dirty and were out all day. Also some house work. Im sure J-miller will have some pics up of the show.

There wasn't all that many cars there, but being that they had to reschedule twice it's not so surprising. I had a good time, but I got to put a few hundred miles on my car ;)

-
Back