Mopar Clubs, Need your Input!

-

APK

Reaction score
The Mopar Club that I belong to is a non-profit group. We have monthly meetings at a Library Branch meeting room, free of charge. The discussion has been brought up to find other locations to alternate to as a change of pace.

In the past parks and restaurants, have been used. The problem with parks are no bathroom facilities and weather can not be predicted if you are planning a month in advance. If it's raining on the day you have your meeting, contacting everyone to relocate or cancel may not be possible in a timely fashion.

Restaurants require an out-of-pocket expense and it has been the experienced that some places don't have the room ready when promised or want you out on their time frame.

So I am looking for suggestion on what type of place do your clubs meet that I could find in my city? :dontknow:

Thank you for your reponses in advance.

We have used a vfw hall. There was a minimum charge for that. May have even been a donation. I forget. Also a Back room at a bar. Depending on the day if the week it was pretty dead so the room being ready was no issue.

We use a community hall in a shopping center. There is a nice decent lit parking area in front of the meeting for people to bring their old mopars. And since the room opens to the back of the shopping center no one bothers us.

There's a projector screen in the room, so the club bought a video projector to show slide shows or videos. We try to show picture of last month's event at every meeting. Also, we had clubmembers talk about thier Mopar projects: whole resto, engine build, fixing plastic grille etc. It's really neat to show progress pictures of topic. Just like how people do it here on FABO too, just easier to show more pics and it's more interesting when it's someone you know in person.

we were using straw hat pizza cause they had a big party room.

Let me add we have children that attend to.

No big deal there. Back room that we used was more like a restaurant section.

The thing we learned was that ya had to make a cut off time for ordering food/drinks because a waitress walking around taking and delivering orders is no good during a meeting.

What about the local mall food court? I know ours used to be really big and you could pull tables together and sit there and talk for hours for free. They have since redone our mall and made a smaller food court but still doable.

If you do any type of resturant it might be a good idea for a dinner everyone pays their own bill and you get to eat while you talk.

Check with the local recreations department and see if they have any places you can meet indoors.

This is a good thread I'm thinking of starting my own car club and this is a good learning thread.

We used all sorts of places bowling alley,parks,mom and pop restaurant that didn't care if we ordered because we promoted them at our shows, members houses, some colleges have public rooms and we even used highway rest areas some times because most have covered areas and free coffee lol

-
Back