MOPAR Dead?

-
You can't drive to the store without seeing a number of modern Challenges and Chargers. Nothing like the look and sound of an R/T Scat Pak. Damn, I'd own one if I could.

For the life of me i can't understand why they would discontinue those two cash cows. Maybe political pressure???
Cafe

I

I have to laugh. The turn of the century (1900) automobiles were pushed down our throats. Everyone were saying, "we didn't need them". Our horses were more dependable. Here we are again!!!!! I'm sure that is where the Horse Power came from. Why have only 1 HP when you can have 60.
TIME will root out what techology is NOT feasible, what works or does not work, what is dependable, afforable.... the problem with humans and $$$$, it gets in the way of logic, what is honest, what is corrupt, etc. Time will decide what actually works and not the guys looking to get rich over nite or so.

Swinger 340;
In the early 1900's, automobiles were not pushed down people's throats as you stated. They were a technological development. Horses are very dependable for the most part, but do require care. Draught horses could work X number of hours and had to be swapped out to rest. Travelling required stops to also water, feed, and rest.
A tractor just required fuel and check the oil. It could run 24/7. Automobiles were faster and the same as the tractors.
That stated, we may not be taking a step forward these days.

Mom had a 1980 dodge omni what a POS that was. I knew then that that was when Chrysler was going down hill. The stuff that would break on that car,door handle linkage I remember going in through he right rear passenger door as that was the only door left that would open from the outside, and opening the drivers door..the ransmission just went once when I was driving it. keep in mind the car was maybe 5 6 years old when this stuff started going bad...people loved the mini vans and the K cars but...I think chrysler front wheel drive was the down turn...

Mom had a 1980 dodge omni what a POS that was. I knew then that that was when Chrysler was going down hill. The stuff that would break on that car,door handle linkage I remember going in through he right rear passenger door as that was the only door left that would open from the outside, and opening the drivers door..the ransmission just went once when I was driving it. keep in mind the car was maybe 5 6 years old when this stuff started going bad...people loved the mini vans and the K cars but...I think chrysler front wheel drive was the down turn...
Made Ma Mopar millions. I did work on an early K car that had large cotterpins for the door hinges. Had the factory paint on them. I could hardly believe it. No "smart phones" with cameras at the time or I would have taken a photo.

Made Ma Mopar millions. I did work on an early K car that had large cotterpins for the door hinges. Had the factory paint on them. I could hardly believe it. No "smart phones" with cameras at the time or I would have taken a photo.
Rollpins, they worked.

Google it and you can find what you are looking for. Nevada and Oregan. I knew it was somewhere on the west coast.
Chile has large lithium mines/ponds, just had an earthquake not too far away, no damage/spills when I last checked.

When I worked at the C-P-D Dealership in early '86, 90% of the F'd-up noises, dreveability issues, & leaks were all RWD cars & the trucks. The FWD's were better handling & wore tires better, as quick or quicker & way better mpg's, few screwball noises to track down, & rarely leaked anything. True, the early versions needed upgrading, & every guy 30 & under intentionally tried to see "what they could take" it seemed. Full rev neutral-drops w/the wheels cut, etc. etc., Mopar let them find out what the weak spots were....made the fixes as They went. Just as the engineering & design caught up, it seemed like the QC took a sh*t , ....Pass.-side strut tower spot welds on the Omnis popped & the struts ended up in the hood(mostly '88's), yeah.....the pot-metal outside handles & the fold of sheetmetal inside the top of the door making contact w/the release-rod lever is an unforgiveable fail they never fixed.

I remember the 426 Hemi had the same issues, the reason "No Warranty". You play, you pay!!!!
I had 2 , 426 hemi`s , back in the day neither one of them had piston issues or any other issues , they were exactly like the spec books said too , very well built

When I worked at the C-P-D Dealership in early '86, 90% of the F'd-up noises, dreveability issues, & leaks were all RWD cars & the trucks. The FWD's were better handling & wore tires better, as quick or quicker & way better mpg's, few screwball noises to track down, & rarely leaked anything. True, the early versions needed upgrading, & every guy 30 & under intentionally tried to see "what they could take" it seemed. Full rev neutral-drops w/the wheels cut, etc. etc., Mopar let them find out what the weak spots were....made the fixes as They went. Just as the engineering & design caught up, it seemed like the QC took a sh*t , ....Pass.-side strut tower spot welds on the Omnis popped & the struts ended up in the hood(mostly '88's), yeah.....the pot-metal outside handles & the fold of sheetmetal inside the top of the door making contact w/the release-rod lever is an unforgiveable fail they never fixed.
front wheel drive mopars are amoung the worst cars I`ve ever owned , never again...

Swinger 340;
In the early 1900's, automobiles were not pushed down people's throats as you stated. They were a technological development. Horses are very dependable for the most part, but do require care. Draught horses could work X number of hours and had to be swapped out to rest. Travelling required stops to also water, feed, and rest.
A tractor just required fuel and check the oil. It could run 24/7. Automobiles were faster and the same as the tractors.
That stated, we may not be taking a step forward these days.
AGREE ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I`ve had untold hours on both growing up on farm , for work tractors have it all over horses , untill you came to a round up type situation...

I had 2 , 426 hemi`s , back in the day neither one of them had piston issues or any other issues , they were exactly like the spec books said too , very well built
Detuned slightly race engine with 2 4V carbs. Young guys with exuberant right foot could easily damage an engine. They would shake bolts loose idling around town. With a tall final drive to keep the revs down and they could get good fuel economy. Hyway was their forte.

Not true, California has plenty lithium to last us for years, same as for our own oil. Maybe there is another reason for our government wanting to go all EV. I could be off a little, I think most of our oil fields are own by Republicans. This could reason the governing party of today is pushing the EV's. It's called slipping in the back door.
You are correct on the old news. New news is California is our go-to place for Lithium now and thay have plenty of it.
If Harris get the White House she will put an end to that for China

I had many FWD mopars in the 80's and 90's. For what they were cheap transportation I wouldn't complain. I bought a used 89 Daytona turbo in 98 drove that car almost 10 years put a 100,000+ miles on it. I put a head gasket in it that was the only major fix. The body rotted out in 2007 so I sold it to a kid who put the motor in a rampage. It had well over 200,000 miles

I had many FWD mopars in the 80's and 90's. For what they were cheap transportation I wouldn't complain. I bought a used 89 Daytona turbo in 98 drove that car almost 10 years put a 100,000+ miles on it. I put a head gasket in it that was the only major fix. The body rotted out in 2007 so I sold it to a kid who put the motor in a rampage. It had well over 200,000 miles
Just donated our 2005 Dodge Caravan to charity we thought could use it change oil every 5000 miles and it still runs like a top that thing is good for another 100,000 and didn’t burn
Oil either but it was still a MOPAR

A7854C55-101F-403E-AD93-6DF45ED82543.jpeg

Detuned slightly race engine with 2 4V carbs. Young guys with exuberant right foot could easily damage an engine. They would shake bolts loose idling around town. With a tall final drive to keep the revs down and they could get good fuel economy. Hyway was their forte.
b.s. , neither of mine didn't , they were quite well built , and , there probably wasn't any more hammered on then mine , one was a race car for 14 yrs. , the other was a street car that I drove to work every day , untill the gas got too high for me to afford at the time .
That race car is still around , being put back to a little hotter than street specs. Ii`d buy it back if I could afford it !!

Just donated our 2005 Dodge Caravan to charity we thought could use it change oil every 5000 miles and it still runs like a top that thing is good for another 100,000 and didn’t burn
Oil either but it was still a MOPAR

View attachment 1716289770
I bought one of those a few years ago for the kid to beat around in. It has over 300,000 on it now lol

-
Back