Mopar Dufuses in the 80s

-
Not sure how many of you guys are from N.J. but back in the early 90s when i was in school full time to become an airplane mechanic i worked part time at a place called Performance Centers or America. They had a bunch of stores it was like a mini super shops. Parent store was Dons Speed Shop. I worked at PCA store #11 Lodi N.J.

Was a dude that worked there that had a clean white 70 chevelle with a black top. Car appeared stock but had a tuned port injection setup in it. I thought that was cool. I mean that was around 1990 and tuned port was still new, and to see it running in a 70 chevelle to me was pretty freakin cool. Nowadays EFI swaps are common. He was a dealer mech, and worked there part time to buy goodies. He said he had to dewire an iroc z harness and hand wire it up to work. Nobody made plug n play stuff yet back then.

We used to sell the hell out of Blackjacks, header wrap, and protrac 60s and 50s. I remember when the alumakotes came out i think i remember thinking they were pricy at $109 plus tax lol. i had cragar chrome steelies with baby moon center caps , and pro trac 60s, i also had some of those bright yellow lakewoods under the back on my 69 charger. My pix are all old skool in a photo album. I will have to xfer into my phone and share.

Last edited:
I think i may have spelled it wrong when starting this thread. Is it Dufus or Doofus? If i did spell it wrong, then does that make me a Dufus, or a Doofus?

NOT sure, BUT hey we all know you are a Texan and the Grand Tetons sure as heck are not in TX!!! ha
Or......
baseball-girls-texas-rangers-tits.jpeg

The Tetons arent, but the TaTas sure are.

P.S. i loved that area of the country when i visited 26 years ago, thats why its listed as my location. Got a dollar bill thumbtacked to the ceiling of Bone general store in Idaho.

440 4 speed. A bit streety, a bit restored. Had obligatory autometer 5" monster tach mounted under the dash too LoL

Was a non running green turd w white interior when i got it. Block was cracked too. That one was a full strip down and rebuild w color change, and converted to 4 speed. Painted it in my garage.

20181024_181253.jpg

20181024_181337.jpg

20181024_181317.jpg

J par was my charger from way back streety and freaky enough for 1991 ? Duster dude was kinda like those 2 idiots in the duster in those old dodge commercials saying hey that thing got a Hemi?

Last edited:
-
Back