Mopar Guys In CANADA..

-

DOUGIE800

Reaction score
What fuel do you guys use...meaning from the pump. Im In western Canada have option of Esso supreme 91* Shell Think its 92*and if you look you can find the Husky/Mohawk sais 94* think its ethanol blend or somethin. Im playing around with my timing initial advance total just trying to find the sweet spot. Now I have my MSD dizzy set with 18 deg mech advance innitial at16 so totals 34 been told 34* perfect for Mopar small blk. Had pre ign problems but actually seems went away with the Husky fuel but may be the stiffer advance springs will have to fill again with esso or shell, Just curious what others have found works the best. I have 10 1/2 slugs in my 340 so will ping on me if don't run good fuel and or set it properly D

Yes for got about Petro Can, nO Sun noco's out here I seen them in Ontario tho. D

Ah okay, the Huskey 94 should do the trick. If I use 91 I have to back the timing off which hurts performance of course.

I just noticed the Sunoco around the corner from me is getting overhauled.Hope we don,t lose the 94 octane?It,s all I run in both my cars.Will use Shell 91 if I have to,but prefer the 94.

I use the Chevron fuels here on the Island the 92 for my 318 {lower compression } and the 94 for anything performance oriented ,most guy's I talk to are pretty happy with the Chevron 94 it seems to be the cleanest most consistant of the high test fuels here I'll burn that blended crap in my old grand prix but never in my mopar

I just noticed the Sunoco around the corner from me is getting overhauled.Hope we don,t lose the 94 octane?It,s all I run in both my cars.Will use Shell 91 if I have to,but prefer the 94.

It looks like Petro Canada is taking over our Sunoco's here. So far they are retaining the 94. Not sure for how long though.

This is good news(retaining the 94 octane)Well atleast I,ll get Petro points all summer now!:cheers:

Yep..but I lost my Sunoco points...Oh well, good thing I had used most up recently. Time to signup for Petro points instead.

If you go to Suncor's website it states that all Sunoco stations will become Petro Canada. These station will keep 94 octane as some of the older Petro Canada stations will be getting 94 pumps.

As for points, it sounds like there working on joining the cards up into one card. At least thats what my local station tells it's customers.

Riddler

This is going back a dozen years or so but when I had my 75 Olds 442 and raced it in the quarter (bone stock car) I ran two types of fuel. When I ran 94 octane Chevron it would always ping a little on every shift of the gears. The next week I tried 93 Octane/10% Ethanol Mohawk/Husky and the Olds didn't skip a beat. It sure worked for me at the time but that was a long time ago so maybe things have changed since then?

This is going back a dozen years or so but when I had my 75 Olds 442 and raced it in the quarter (bone stock car) I ran two types of fuel. When I ran 94 octane Chevron it would always ping a little on every shift of the gears. The next week I tried 93 Octane/10% Ethanol Mohawk/Husky and the Olds didn't skip a beat. It sure worked for me at the time but that was a long time ago so maybe things have changed since then?
Oviously just going by the numbers 94* should be the best you can get from the pump. I did ask fella at engine shop quite sure his opinion would be valid. "He said some guys like it some guys don't" It would appear to me the Husky juice removed my preignition but will check again with Esso which are way more common good thing my tank empties quick.lol D

-
Back