Mopar Madness car ****

-

Longgone

John/68 Barracuda & Dart
Reaction score
This weekend (June 12-14) is the Mopar Madness show at Va. Motorsports Park. I went yesterday and took the Dart. She polished up nice and brought home a first in her class of 67-69 Dodge A bodies. I met a lot of new people and turned them on to the site. I thought I`d share with you all some of the great cars in attendance. The show is still on today, so check it out if you get the chance.

IM000003 (Small).JPG

IM000002 (Small).JPG

IM000004 (Small).JPG

IM000005 (Small).JPG

IM000007 (Small).JPG

IM000010 (Small).JPG

IM000011 (Small).JPG

IM000012 (Small).JPG

IM000013 (Small).JPG

IM000014 (Small).JPG

The down side to these car shows is the cars always have their hoods up and there`s usually nobody around to put it down for photos. Anyway enjoy, there should be something for everybody. The last photo here is a friend of mine that runs a 92 Daytona with a 340, capable of 7 second passes.

IM000026 (Small).JPG

IM000027 (Small).JPG

IM000028 (Small).JPG

IM000029 (Small).JPG

IM000030 (Small).JPG

IM000031 (Small).JPG

IM000045 (Small).JPG

IM000046 (Small).JPG

IM000047 (Small).JPG

IM000050 (Small).JPG

And the beat goes on....... the 69 Roadrunner at the end here was damn near perfect, one of the most extraordinary restorations I`ve ever seen of an A-12 car! Oh, and it had silver interior too.

IM000049 (Small).JPG

IM000048 (Small).JPG

IM000052 (Small).JPG

IM000060 (Small).JPG

IM000067 (Small).JPG

IM000098 (Small).JPG

IM000059 (Small).JPG

IM000023 (Small).JPG

IM000054 (Small).JPG

IM000057 (Small).JPG

you know i saw your car when you drove it in, but i was heading to see the galen seminar. when i came out i saw your car but i didn't se you. i was solo yesterday with no car. i left around 1 as i was getting cooked! glad you did well with your car, as it looked very nice.

Train kept a rollin'..... I started this one with a couple of my Dart, unfortunately they`re not real good because I was all caught up in getting photos of all the other cars there.

IM000973 (Small).JPG

IM000099 (Small).JPG

IM000974 (Small).JPG

IM000975 (Small).JPG

IM000976 (Small).JPG

IM000977 (Small).JPG

IM000977a (Small).JPG

IM000978 (Small).JPG

IM000978a (Small).JPG

IM000979 (Small).JPG

that lift off hood road runner was beautiful! it belongs to a friend of mine and was the first time i had seen it. i have never seen the silver interior before. really liked that as well. you car really looked great!

The green Valiant was owned by a fellow named Kevin, it was his mom`s car and he`s carried on the Mopar tradition instead of opting for a newer car. I acted as ambassador for FABO and hopefully we`ll see more of him here. He`s looking for parts. Aren`t we all?

IM000985 (Small).JPG

IM000985a (Small).JPG

IM000986 (Small).JPG

IM000986a (Small).JPG

IM000987 (Small).JPG

IM000987a (Small).JPG

IM000988 (Small).JPG

IM000988a (Small).JPG

IM000989 (Small).JPG

IM000989a (Small).JPG

COngrats on 1st place.
I wish there were shows closer to me. I guess I will just have to find the nearest one and go.

Why am I not surprised that you took the #1 spot in your Dart
Thank you for sharing this big show with us longgone

I have seen these guys at Memphis Motor sports drag strip before, I think they have a 68 Barracuda too.

IM000045%20%28Small%29.JPG

you know i saw your car when you drove it in, but i was heading to see the galen seminar. when i came out i saw your car but i didn't se you. i was solo yesterday with no car. i left around 1 as i was getting cooked! glad you did well with your car, as it looked very nice.
I`m sorry I missed you, I was flying solo too, passenger on a drunk. Lol! It was hotter than he77 but isn`t that Va. in the summer? Again, sorry I missed you ,I hope to see you at another event soon.
that lift off hood road runner was beautiful! it belongs to a friend of mine and was the first time i had seen it. i have never seen the silver interior before. really liked that as well. you car really looked great!
That car was sick!!!! Thanks for the kind words.
Awesome pic's Longgone, and congrats on the 1st place trophy:cheers:
Enjoy the pics, Winning 1st shocked me, but I was very tickled, thanks!
Great pics!! Thanks for sharing and congrats on your 1st place finish!
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Enjoy the show pics!
COngrats on 1st place.
I wish there were shows closer to me. I guess I will just have to find the nearest one and go.
Thanks, yeah you`ve got to commit, Va. Motorsports Park is about 100 miles from me and my girlfriend kept saying "take the Corolla, it gets awesome mileage and you`d be more comfortable", (A/C and all, lol) but I drove the Dart and although 100 miles of road grime was on her she still brought home the bacon. Even if you don`t take a car to show you can always attend as it supports the hobby.

Why am I not surprised that you took the #1 spot in your Dart
Thank you for sharing this big show with us longgone

I have seen these guys at Memphis Motor sports drag strip before, I think they have a 68 Barracuda too.
Yeah they get around, it was also Ed Millers 70th birthday and a couple got hitched at the track at noon then drag raced afterwards. True love. :love7: LOL!
Nice pics !

Thanks Adam, you`ve got to get yours completed so you can show that beauty!

Thanks for the pics Longgone & congrats on your trophy. Could'nt make it this year but your pictures made me feel like I was at the show. I have seen your Dart in person once & it is sweet. Looks like it was an awesome event & would like to give kudos to my local club( Tidewater Mopar) for making it happen.

Oldschoolcuda

Thanks for the pics Longgone & congrats on your trophy. Could'nt make it this year but your pictures made me feel like I was at the show. I have seen your Dart in person once & it is sweet. Looks like it was an awesome event & would like to give kudos to my local club( Tidewater Mopar) for making it happen.

Oldschoolcuda

Thanks Oldschool. Yeah I didn`t show the car with the bias-ply redline tires because- who wants to drive 200 miles on those things? I don`t know how we used to do it, the tires follow the road and it`s a fight to keep it straight sometimes. There`s probably folks (back in the day) that got drunk driving tickets and never smelled a drink. Lol! It was a great time and TMC put on a good show. I need to join up. :-D

Those little Daytona's can scat theres one that races here and his engine is huge, can't remember the specifics right now. I like those little rampages too, wish i had one! Congrats on the first place trophy thats awesome!!

-
Back