Mopar Madness Langley BC 2015 - with pictures

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
Who's going? A friend and I are coming over from Vancouver Island, bringing a couple of Darts. Another friend might bring his '68 Barracuda, he's still deciding.

Anyone else?

20699-42ND AVENUE
LANGLEY, B.C.

George Preston Recreation Centre, SUNDAY, JULY 12, 2015.

Pictures below

Hey Mike, I go to this show every year and its a good one, I am planning to but the weather might change that. I will be on the 7:00 boat from Victoria Sunday morning if its not raining. Hope to see you there.

Glad to hear it! I don't think it's supposed to be raining that much, so I'll take the Dart either way, unless of course it's pissing, but I doubt it will be. I've been looking forwards to going since the last time I went, 4 years ago. We're catching the 6:20 from Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay. My friend and I just swapped the /6 in his '72 Swinger today so we'll be working out the kinks on the drive there!

Dang, I missed this one. Went last year, arrived a little late so saw a couple driving away but there were a lot of cool cars still. Next year I guess.

Mike, I just talked to my brother in Whiterock and he said its raining lightly there now and is forecast to rain tonight and tomorrow. I'm going to have a look again about 5:00 in the morning but I don't think it will happen for me. 4:30s a 5 speed, track day tires and wet slick road sounds a bit risky. All the crazys were out crashing into one another down here today. Its a bit disappointing as its a really good show and a lot of hard work goes into putting it on.

I'm on the 6:20 ferry to Horseshoe Bay. It cleared up a bit in Nanaimo, overcast but no rain and looks like it's trying to stay that way. My friends '72 overheated in my driveway this morning so he's with me. Sounded like a bad water pump. Hope I see a few cars.

Well I'm glad I went over, as there was a ton of cool stuff I've never seen before.

Here's the first batch of pics. I'll upload the rest tomorrow.

Original #'s matching big block GTS.

This Valiant was on propane.

A member's unrestored Duster.

A few of the cars that came from the Island.

Radio delete.

GTS ragtop.

Original owner GTS.

Vlad's '67 notch.

This Duster was cool, and in incredible shape.

Rocky aka EhValiantGuy (bought my '65 Valiant) brought his '63 Valiant.

His dad brought this.

Commando 4 speed.

And a few more..

Still had the plastic on the seats. I overheard the owner saying it was original, and not even sunbaked.

Chrysler 300 with long rams.

Cool seeing Vladdy was there he sold me my fastback and later middled my fenders with the rolled lips ,great guy to deal with . I haven't heard his name in a few years so I was afraid we had lost him ,l'll have to try and swing by his place and see him next time I 'm off this rock ,thanks Mike

Cool seeing Vladdy was there he sold me my fastback and later middled my fenders with the rolled lips ,great guy to deal with . I haven't heard his name in a few years so I was afraid we had lost him ,l'll have to try and swing by his place and see him next time I 'm off this rock ,thanks Mike

His '67 notch pictured was for sale, but Rocky told me he still owns a '69 383 4 speed Barracuda. I bought some'67 trunk trim from him a couple years ago.

Great pictures Mike, definitely glad we went. Was lots of incredible cars, and for once we weren't the minority. LOL. I'm sure we'll see ya at the next one.

Wow - so much candy! GTS by the handful, square steering wheels, early As, Crowns, and even woodies. What a great show and thanks for sharing.

His '67 notch pictured was for sale, but Rocky told me he still owns a '69 383 4 speed Barracuda. I bought some'67 trunk trim from him a couple years ago.

LOL I didn't even really look at the 67 I just read Vlad and figured it was the 69 , the 69 is f8 green and the 67 looked kinda dark green in the pic haha , bet he wants big coin for the 69 eh it has a lot of the original interior from my car in it and is one sweet big block notch .

Mike, you got much of that '66 Barracuda parts car left? My mechanic tells me that I should replace both driver side window regulators and the passenger door regulator if I can find some better than the ones in the car now.

Here are the rest of the pictures.

392 Hemi

Love this '62 Dart!

Small group of AMC's that came.

Don't think a minivan can get much more badass then this..

This Cuda was basically put onto a new Challenger, interior, engine, trunk, everything.

-
Back