Mopar Muscle Club

-

DiggerDart

Reaction score
Does anybody here remember the Nation wide "Mopar Muscle Club or Special interest Auto Club? Found some old T shirts from both.

Yes, I remember them both...

We were very active in the Mopar Muscle Club... They used to have a meet in August around here that we used to go to every year...

Where was that Krazykuda ? I'm in Maryland. I remember some big shows here. One on the bay at a private beach but can't remember the name.

Seems to me it started in Norhern Ohio, possibly Akron. I seem to remember the names Ken Neves and Chris Neves. I went to a few local get-togethers. It was right around the time of the first Mopar Nationals held at the Chrysler Proving Grounds in Michigan. This is all from memory but I'm pretty sure of this. I know I have at least one old T-shirt in my stacks of Tees.

They had a bi monthly news letter didn’t they? I think I was a member around ‘85-‘88. Had forgotten all about it.

Yeah, either bi or monthly. I wrote a column once in a while called "the Tunas turf". I was region 1 if I remember right. Just good memories of good times.

Seems to me it started in Norhern Ohio, possibly Akron. I seem to remember the names Ken Neves and Chris Neves. I went to a few local get-togethers. It was right around the time of the first Mopar Nationals held at the Chrysler Proving Grounds in Michigan. This is all from memory but I'm pretty sure of this. I know I have at least one old T-shirt in my stacks of Tees.

Ken and Chris Neve lived in IL... They were head of the club back in the 80's and the August meet was held at their parent's farm off 143rd Street... We used to go to that meet every summer...

Chris had a small block Duster, I believe it had a 360 with a six pack in it and Ken had an old late 50's power wagon that he used to go to parades and fly the POW/MIA flag in the back of it...

Ken had a repair shop in Plainfield and sold DC parts out of his shop also... I used to get double roller timing chains from him for $25, but they weren't packaged... His side kick Inar would get the parts...

He told Inar to get me a small block timing chain once... I asked Inar what's the difference between the small block one and the big block one and he said, "Just enough to piss you off"...

I was a member of SIAC, Special Interest Automobile Club, back in 84-85. They didn't last very long because we then joined the Mopar Power Club here on Long Island NY and have been a member there since its inception.

I was a member of SIAC, Special Interest Automobile Club, back in 84-85. They didn't last very long because we then joined the Mopar Power Club here on Long Island NY and have been a member there since its inception.

We were members of SIAC also, but all we did was get the news letters... Not much participation...

I can't remember which models SIAC was dedicated to...

I have some paper work from them dated June 12,1985. They were mainly dedicated to Cudas and Challengers although wasn't a pre-requisite for membership. Membership was $20/year. They sent me a sheet with production #'s of 64-74 Barracuda's and 70-74 Challenger #'s. The Bi monthly magazine was called the All American Racer. They say they have been in existence since the late seventies I did have a few issues of the mag but can't locate them at present.

We were members of SIAC also, but all we did was get the news letters... Not much participation...

I can't remember which models SIAC was dedicated to...
I have some paper work from them dated June 12,1985. They were mainly dedicated to Cudas and Challengers although wasn't a pre-requisite for membership. Membership was $20/year. They sent me a sheet with production #'s of 64-74 Barracuda's and 70-74 Challenger #'s. The Bi monthly magazine was called the All American Racer. They say they have been in existence since the late seventies I did have a few issues of the mag but can't locate them at present.

Just want to thank all who replied. I was both SIAC and Mopar Muscle and enjoyed it. Now if I can just finish my 68 Dart I'll post some pics.

I do remember the cuda challenger on the front of their logo, but couldn't remember if it was specifically for the AAR and T?A models or more than that...

My brother had an AAR...

The thing I remember with SIAC here on L.I. was they got a few Mopar fanatics together with a meet and it spring boarded into the Mopar club here on the Island. Here we meet 1-2 times a month during Spring, Summer and Fall with the Mopar club in various locations.

I was a member of S.I.A.C, Mopar Muscle Club and Daytona-Superbird Auto Club. I live too far away to have to have been active, and was just happy getting the newsletters. When I bought my Superbird in 1985, I used to worry Monroe Schellinger (R.I.P) to death about details while I was restoring it. He founded DSAC and ran it until he passed away. Very nice man who was a walking history book about wing cars. His son Doug still runs DSAC.

Who is the club president?

Frank Fauci. Frank does a great job. At some of the meets the Club pays for different foods at the various meets, pizza, ice cream etc.

Right! Over in Massapequa.
What’s that other club(s)?

One was Mopar Muscle the other was SIAC or Special interest Auto club. E bodies was the main theme in the last one.

I believe the other Club here on L.I. is the Long Island Mopar club. They show up at Carlisle looking for new members. I have a tough enough time belonging to one so I've stuck with Frank for a long time.

-
Back