Mopar Muscle in Fast & Furious 6

-
Idk if it is the same one all I know is I saw the pictures and it was out front of his house in California he also said Franky munez bought the rice burner but who knows.

Yes it sucks it has a chevy motor but that is one beautiful car !

This is the "Real" Blower charger scene from the movie The Fast & The Furious.

28DnUgA.jpg

That is definitely not a 426 :D

Universal said this car was never driven for the movie. It was either a Chevy 350 engined car (which was destroyed), or the 440 car with the fake blower that was used for the driving and final race.

The "real" Charger was the only true '70 Charger. The 350 was a '69 and the 440 was a '68.

Son saw the movie last night ...said it is was a great movie with the obvious segue into FNF #7 by the introduction of a new cast member...jason statham. It just gets better.

Jason statham in the next one, I'll have to see that one when it comes out (guy does 90+% of his own stunts).

eh.. screw that movie. nothing beats the cars and stunts in Mad Max.
Watch the making of those movies and you will see how much blood & sweat went into that friggin phenomenal work of art. Back when it all had to be actually done rather than being fabricated by a graphics artist in his lounge slippers sipping pre-canned farts sprinkled with carob coated granulated soy nuggets.

I've seen the close up Charger in person. It is not a 426. None of them were.

There were a ton of cars on the set rocking SBCs. Even a lot of the imports. Proof that they are cheap and easy. I think everything in the movies should have chevy engines, so everyone can argue Hollywood magic against junk that is even more common.

These movies sort of make me go OCD, because of the running gear and the nonsense in a lot of the stunts. With that being said, I did enjoy the first one, but I didn't enjoy sitting behind 40 Hondas on the following Test & Tune night at Bandimere. This movie series inadvertently killed drag racing for me.

This movie series inadvertently killed drag racing for me.

And gave us the ever ubiquitous "nawz" coming out of the mouths of every ricer-racer wanna be.

I never got past the first scene in the first one. Ricer's all over a truck driver and the idiot truck driver just driving along as if nothing was going on. Sorry, my old man would have turned them into speed bumps.

I've seen the close up Charger in person. It is not a 426. None of them were.

There was the actual 528 Hemi version as seen in the screenshot. Then there was a 440 version with a fake blower. Followed by the SBC versions that were the "destroy" cars.

The Hemi version and the 440 version where the only ones to survive and be auctioned off.

-
Back