Mopar Muscle magazine

-

dusterdon

Reaction score
Over the christmas break, on another site, I was told about a magazine deal. $8 a year. I got Muscle car review, GM high tech( yeah, yeah), and Mopar Muscle. I've only seen a few odd issues of Mopar Muscle over the years, and figured that for $8 it was worth a shot. Now I feel like I've been ripped off. Seen 2 issues and got nothing out of them. the latest one has a 63 plymouth as a one of the cover cars. If you look at the article, you notice its a nice car, but it has a 6 pack scoop attached to the hood with sheet metal screws. ????? Are they that hard up for feature vehicles? I've contemplated canceling my sub and getting the remainder of my money back, or just keeping to recieve the mag. What's anybody else's opinion about MM?

Over the christmas break, on another site, I was told about a magazine deal. $8 a year. I got Muscle car review, GM high tech( yeah, yeah), and Mopar Muscle. I've only seen a few odd issues of Mopar Muscle over the years, and figured that for $8 it was worth a shot. Now I feel like I've been ripped off. Seen 2 issues and got nothing out of them. the latest one has a 63 plymouth as a one of the cod ver cars. If you look at the article, you notice its a nice car, but it has a 6 pack scoop attached to the hood with sheet metal screws. ????? Are they that hard up for feature vehicles? I've contemplated canceling my sub and getting the remainder of my money back, or just keeping to recieve the mag. What's anybody else's opinion about MM?

Agreed. I had a sub for years until recently. It's pretty much unreadable now. The features have gone downhill and the tech is mind-numbingly inadequate. I bought the latest issue because I was going somewhere and needed something to read but I don't really buy it with any regularity anymore. Disappointing to say the least. Ever since Dulcich left it's been pretty poor.

MA is still good though (usually), at least it's somewhat entertaining to read and the tech is better than MM.

My subscription ran out. While I still enjoy perusing through Mopar Muscle, the tech articles are basically pictures w/ captions - no real article - just captions under each picture. It would be nice to read through a tech article that is actually an article and not just some captions.

I do all my research and reading on line.
I save articles to my documents.
Sounds like your disappointed in the magazine
but for 8 bucks....Damn!
I spill more Speedway coffee than that in a week.:toothy10:

Back in the early days, when those magazines: Musclecar review, Mustang Monthly (sorry), Mopar Muscle and a few others were owned by Dobbs publishing they were GREAT. Once Larry Dobbs sold to Petersen publishing I knew they would all go in the crapper. Slowly but surely they did. Back then, Greg Rager, Steve Seigel, greg Donahue, Paul Zazzarine, Tom Shaw and so on, were car guys that learned to write. They were replaced by writers, that learned about cars. I would rather read articles from people with grease under their nails, than ink stains on their fingers.

Don't cancel your subscription to Mopar Muscle just yet.................
Ya never know when you might run out of toliet paper.

And everybody is correct about it going into the crapper.

They have gone down hill fast. I have a lot of older ones that have some realy good usfull stuff in them. But the new ones suck. I get it thumb through it for a few minites and through it down and for get about it. The Editor sucks to. That mind numbing BS he calls Off the line is a joke. I don't buy a car mag to read about that guys family.

And yes. I died a little inside when I saw that poor 63 with the 6 pack scoop nailed to the hood.

heck in the old day MM used to have models with the cars and a centerfold of the feature car usually with a blonde leaning over it. Now all they talk about is Hemi this and Hemi that cuz some rich guy opened up his wallet. And is E-berg at Mopar Action now for tech? He was the only reason (besides chicks in bikinis) to buy MM

It's not such a bad magazine, the one I got in the mail today had a real Richard Petty racecar as the featured car.....

Any one have a Feb 2001 copy, I would like the article they did on the 340 with dyno tests along the way. I have it on the computer, but would like a paper copy for myself.

I was over on moparts and somebody posted a link. there was hotrod and carcraft and others too.

I like it. Some months are better than others, but anybody that covers Mopar is ok in my book. I get both Mopar Action and Mopar Muscle.

I just got a new subscription for Christmas and haven't got my first issue yet... The last subscription I had, I followed the B5 Bracket Bomber build 68 Barracuda Coupe. Just like mine. I was happy with the article, although it would be nice to read the whole thing before the captions.

I subscribed to "Mopar Enthusiast" (I THINK that's the name) about a year ago, and have found it to be the weakest of the bunch. I won't re-subscribe to it. Hell, I still miss Super Stock and DRAG ILLUSTRATED. Petersen bought it and sent Johnny Dianna over to the East Coast to shut it down; couldn't stand the competition, I guess. It was never very good after Steve Collison (R.I.P.) died, anyway...

I miss the days (mid-'60s) when, every year, at the time when the new Super Stocks came out, Ray Brock, at Hot Rod, would tear one of the engines completely down and spread pictures and technical descriptions of the parts over eight or ten pages, and show you why they were gonna be faster than last year's models.

Now, THAT was "tech"!!!:read2:

Oh well; it is what it is.... glad I was around to appreciate it.

Bill, in Conway, Arkansas

Yea I Dropped My Subs To Mm Aover A Year Ago And Mopar Collectors Guide Too---just Aint What It Used To Be....the Guide Has Cool T-shirts Only Reason I Would Re-up Again---hell... Would Be Cool If Fabo Got Their Own Mag Going....mostly A-bodies...hot Mopar Babes....techs...support...parts And Cars For Sale...crazy Stories...hell Its All Right Here Already......with Pics............

I get Mopar Muscle, Mopar Enthusiast, Mopar Collectors Guide and Mopar Action along with Car Craft & Hot Rod.

Of all of those Car Craft is my favorite. Of the mopar specific magazines Mopar Muscle is my favorite.

The 63 you refered to is an awesome car that I would love to own. I would contend that if you don't think that car is worthy of being featured in a magazine you are too picky and no magazine feature is going to meet your expectations.

Too picky? Attaching a hoodscoop with fricking sheet metal screws? Too picky? If this guy can afford to spend probably $30k on a motor and he leaves that hood like that? I'd laugh at it if I saw it in the parking lot at Walmart (if I ever went to Walmart). Oh, wait, you like Chevy Craft. The best magazine ruined by Jeff (chevyman) Smith this decade.

-
Back