Mopar Nationals

-
I will be there with my purple 71 duster some time Friday. I will get a card and write fabo and put it under my windshield. If ya c it I shouldn't be far. Come meet me and weel shoot the bull

Heading out in the morning, hopefully 6 o'clock. going to be dad, my brother, and myself taking my truck.

Hot & humid on Friday at the Nationals with more of the same today. Met Phish1270 $ badlilred Friday. Sales are so so

sent from my iPhone on Sat morning

Billy and I had the pleasure of meeting bamacuda on his way to Columbus Thursday. We had a great visit, and he's every bit as nice in person as he is in typing. :-D

Thanks for stopping by David! I know it was a large distance out of your way but I'm really glad you made the side trip. Hope the show goes well and the beast comes home a lot lighter! It was great meeting you!

I also had the pleasure of meeting Bamacuda as well as Cosig. Sales today were less than so so. Talked with several other vendors and they said the same thing. Looked like people were way down too. Leaving for VA tomorrow about noon.

I was there friday, like a idiot I forgot to take the paper that I wrote where you guys posted you would be, I got some great deals on parts, and met some great people, the wife was over heating and we were looking for a place to sit so she could cool down, Shirley ( can't remember her last name) the advertising manager for mopar collectors guide, pulled up and asked if she was alright, and rode us around for a bit and gave the wife a cold bottle of water and some cookies, and me a copy of the magazine, great lady.

I was there friday, like a idiot I forgot to take the paper that I wrote where you guys posted you would be, I got some great deals on parts, and met some great people, the wife was over heating and we were looking for a place to sit so she could cool down, Shirley ( can't remember her last name) the advertising manager for mopar collectors guide, pulled up and asked if she was alright, and rode us around for a bit and gave the wife a cold bottle of water and some cookies, and me a copy of the magazine, great lady.

I did the very same thing.. forgot the paper I made to remind me where everyone was gonna be.. LOL .. We just got back home around 3pm today... We had an absolute BLAST! We damn near cooked to death on Friday but it was worth it.. Met a ton of cool people, saw alot of awsome cars.. and I saw a #'s matching 69, 340 Dart over in the cars for sale section for $4500.. everything was there to finish the car.. I was trying to come up with every way imaginable to get the money.. Oh well.. LOL

The trip started kinda rough.. I told everyone my friends 68 Barracuda and my other friends 77 Cordoba would be side by side.. only the Cuda made it.. we were about 50 miles from home and the Cordoba had issues.. we managed to limp it back home and get his truck.. Just got the Cordoba done and never had any real shake-down time.. It'll be there next year for sure.

After we got there it was all fun.. and HEAT.. lol. got my quarter panel for my Dart.. the wife got to watch drag racing.. in a way she wasnt expecting.. My friend with the Cordoba works at Advance and has for MANY years, well Advance is one of the track and event sponsers.. we got wristbands allowing us in the tower... it was the coolest thing to be up in the 3rd floor of the tower watching the action... We all had an absolute blast.. The countdown has already begun for next year.. I will post a few pics tomorrow...

Wife and I just got home as well. Didn't sell a thing on Sunday. It looked like most everybody was packing early to get out of there today.

I was there also! Yes, the heat was pretty bad on Friday, but Saturday was a little bit more bearable, but not much. I wound up in the pit area on Friday, but Sat I was up by the tower next to the Viper Pit. I went on Sunday, but boy was it deserted. I went into the swap area, saw a couple of things I would have liked to have, but seems like no one wanted to deal. The things that I needed, I went ahead and bought friday. The rest was things that I would have liked to get, but didn't really need.
Heath was a huge hit. I had a blast saturday night, after the rain. In fact I had such a good time, I forgot to get pics. The police were super tolerant of the cruisers and burnouts. In fact, unless you were doing something extremely stupid, you were pretty much good to go. I was standing next to a police officer and was chatting with him. He said that they were to told to use a "relaxed discretion" for that evening only. They had police from several cities there. He also said that the Ohio State Patrol wasn't on the same leash and they were enforcing the law.
The only down point I had all weekend was my son had a little run in with some clown dressed in a Lucha Libre' costume. He got belligerent with my son, and I thought they were going to go to blows.
Had some friends head over to Brice Rd. Said no one was there at all. Friday, I had a tire come apart on me so I didn't make it over to Heath, and I'm sorry I didn't.
On the whole, I had a good time. The rain Saturday night probably hurt many of the vendors on Sunday.
Well, that's my full report.

Cuda is in the tent.
You've got a beauty there! Congrats to you for getting to be in the survivor tent. That's cool for sure. I'm glad I stopped by and got to meet you. It's always great to put a name with a face. Mike

Mopar Nats 044.jpg

-
Back