Mopar Nationals

-

340Truck

Reaction score
Made it to the nats this morning , was able to catch a couple small blocks,a couple vipers and some b bodies run down the track. Wished I could turn my head like an owl just couldnt take everything in quick enough. Had to leave early but beat the heat. Didnt really have time to see any great deals but only saw an eighth of what was there. Maybe more time next year.

Last edited:
a
Made it to the nats this morning , was able to catch a couple small blocks,a couple vipers and some b bodies run down the track. Wished I could turn my head like an owl just couldnt take everything in quick enough. Had to leave early but beat the heat. Didnt really have time to see any great deals but only saw an eighth of what was there. Maybe more time next year.
at least you got to go bud...its on my bucket list

Has been a nice, dry and hot Friday and today. Rain held off till around 4:30 today. Looks like a lot of vendors packed it in - me included! I am Going home Sunday morning instead of going to the
track.

It's been a hot one for sure, today was better than Friday as far as heat. I'm heading back in the morning and I hope I'm not the only one there!!

On our way home. I'll post a few photos later.

This was my 23rd year...seen a lot over the years.
Friday hot and humid, and pretty crowded, especially on the Fun Field side. Judged side looked kind of lean, but that seems to be the trend . Rode in a Viper on the Dodge thrill ride this year, was pretty wild. Steve Magnete was entertaining the people waiting in line to register. Got to chat with him a bit, seemed down to earth.
The Mopar/ Motown Missle gang was there again this year with I think 5 Pro Stock cars, including the wire car. It was in a big tent next to the staging lanes with a couple of really nice Hemi A-body dusters and demons.
Here's a few pics. Larry

A1.JPG

A2.JPG

A3.JPG

A4.JPG

A5.JPG

Few more pics. Larry
Few more pics Larry

A6.JPG

A7.JPG

A8.JPG

A9.JPG

A10.JPG

Last time i've been was 2003. It was a great time but HOT on friday as stated, i drank ten bottles of water and still somehow partially dehydrated myself. Saturday was much nicer with more clouds and a nice breeze. The racing action was awesome, the show field was kinda slim from what i would expect from a national meeting. my bud Joe Gilardi ( one of the event coordinators ) thinks a lot of the old times are dying off and fewer young doods are getting into the hobby. i helped judge a few classes and got use of a golf cart so i think i saw saw everything there over a two day period. great deals on new parts " show specials " and the swap meet section was packed ! looking forward to next year.

Here's some pics. I have seen many of the cars in past years so I don't take hundreds of car pics like in past years. It's a 10=hour drive for us but a great get away with a bunch of Mopar buds from northeast Iowa. I took quite a liking to the 64 in the first batch of photos. That's all I need is another car (or so my wife says) LOL
20160811_115607.jpg
20160811_115623.jpg
20160811_191116.jpg
20160811_191140.jpg
20160811_191332.jpg
20160811_191719.jpg
20160811_200837.jpg
20160811_200901.jpg
20160812_110400.jpg

-
Back