Mopar Nats again....

-

SpeedracerX

Still on this side of the dirt member
Reaction score
Howdy gang... well Monica and I got back from the Mopar Nats today.. this is our second trip, and we are still hooked LOL .. We had an absolutly great time. The weather was great (Hot as hell today).. there was so much to see.. It was hard to get it all in. I was really hoping to meet some fellow Fabo members, but I couldnt remember who was who, and who had what.. So.. I am sure we bumped elbows here and there during the weekend.. Saw alot of great cars, great drag races, met Big Daddy Don Garlits... and my Dart made the almost 4 hour trip there, and back with very little trouble. (today was kinda rough due to construction on 70 around West Virginia.. Car vapor locked a little today... all in all.. awsome.. will post pics tomorrow or Tuesday if I get a chance.. would love to hear what other members that were there felt about the meet...

can't wait for the show at don garlits this fall

I got back home about 11:00 sunday night.It was my first time there and all of the people I met was super.I didn,t come to buy anything but the prices were so good I couldn,t stop my self.I got a steering wheel in such good shape I am going to put it on the car.60.00 bucks for it.I also got a heater box that was for a a/c unit with a new heater core for $20.00 etc.You still had the king of prices vendors but like carlisile they just unpacked and packed.Hear is a picture of me and big daddy. Mark:cheers::cheers:

Picture 008.jpg

Funny thing is I ended up buying stuff as well, even though I didnt go intending to buy... money was tight and we were just going for fun... ended up with a nice pair of door handles for the Dart... And I agree, everytime we go, the people we meet and talk to are so nice... Mopar people are the best

Ok.. so here are just some of the pics from our awsome weekend.. So if anyone remembers seeing me, us, or the car.. let me know lol.. also, if you took any, post pics of your cars there, so I can see whos cars I actually saw.. enjoy...

nats1.jpg

nats2.jpg

nats12.jpg

nats9.jpg

nats3.jpg

nats4.jpg

nats5.jpg

nats6.jpg

nats7.jpg

nats11.jpg

heres a couple more.. including one of Don Garlits signing my shirt...

nats15.jpg

nats13.jpg

nats8.jpg

nats14.jpg

nats10.jpg

Speedracerx and dartcuda1,

You lucky dogs, I always wanted to meet Big Daddy! Thanks for the pictures!

Your welcome for the pics.. Don Garlits is definitly a class act.. great guy, loves hangin out with the fans and talking to people.. Like I said earlier, Mopar people are the greatest.. here are a few more pics. One of our cars at the hotel we stay at every year.. we take over the place LOL .. set up chairs, bring along a grill and food, cook out and have a great time til the we hours of the morning LOL .. also a couple more pics from the meet.. then the last few are from Saturday night in Heath for the car cruise.. I couldnt believe how many people lined the streets... it was a great time...

nats25.jpg

nats24.jpg

nats23.jpg

nats22.jpg

nats16.jpg

nats17.jpg

nats18.jpg

nats19.jpg

nats20.jpg

nats21.jpg

i live about 30 seconds off of the first exit in pa on 70 (west alexander) that construction gets real bad.. I also saw yourdart drivin to the nats.. Friday inbetween claysville and west a.. You were behind an early barracuda i think?0 i was there saturday in my 64 black dart

I went this year (my first since the very early 90's). Unfortunately I didn't think my car was going to be done in time so I didn't make plans to take it. Ends up my car was ready but had no trailer to get there. Didn't matter as I got a call from my wife Friday afternoon that my son broke his arm in football practice so i had to go home anyway. I really wanted to watch the cruising on Brice at night...maybe next year!

Ehhh i was at brice.. It was no fun..cops everyywhere more gm and ford cqrs then mopars.. It was amazing two years ago its just gotten stupid.. I plan on goin to heath next year..id suggest the same!

I came down for the first time from Westland Michigan. I actually drove my 1969 Dodge Dart GTS with 113,*** miles. It was in the judge area. I haven't got the results yet. They take 4 points right off the top if you don't have a fire extingusher....ooch. My son and I had a great time!

i live about 30 seconds off of the first exit in pa on 70 (west alexander) that construction gets real bad.. I also saw yourdart drivin to the nats.. Friday inbetween claysville and west a.. You were behind an early barracuda i think?0 i was there saturday in my 64 black dart

Actually that was Thursday that we were driving to the Nats... and yep.. I was behind a 65 Barracuda (blue).. drivin by my friend Dave... In front of him was a 68 Barracuda (yellow) .. If you look up at my pics we are all parked together at the Nats... That traffic was TERRIBLE... We all thought the cars were gonna overheat and quit LOL .. plus they dont leave any room in those areas for cars that do break down.. it was nuts.. Like I said earlier, yesterday comming back home, it was over 90 out, humid.. the cars ran even hotter.. we ended up having to pull over after we got just inside Pa.. Dave's Cuda suffered from vapor lock.. then later, just a few miles from home, the Dart started to suffer the same thing... That was the hottest I have ever been in that car! LOL ... but all in all it was an awsome trip...

Ehhh i was at brice.. It was no fun..cops everyywhere more gm and ford cqrs then mopars.. It was amazing two years ago its just gotten stupid.. I plan on goin to heath next year..id suggest the same!

From what I have heard Brice Rd quit being fun a few years back.. Heath took over and that seems to be the place to go now... but this year there were tons of cops there as well.. but they were cool... problem is you get the locals who get pissy and bring their Camaros and Mustangs out, and they're actually the ones who start acting all goofy and cause dangerous situations.. I expect that in the next year or two, Heath will have to clamp down just as Brice did a few years back... Its a shame..

My son and I ,some friends where there ,had a real good Time ! Cool weather compared to our weather in western ky ! Had my 72 340 Duster there and sold it fri. afternoon !Didn't get to cruise in it. It was bought by a nice fellow from Pittsburg Pa.and he drove it home. Felt weird seeing my car drive away !Had it 6 yrs. now to other projects. Called him sun. eve ,said says he loves it ,no problems going home with 3.91's .We cruised in 04 ' red Ctd at Heath It was a traffic jam {early} all right ! Back to Ky. about 9 sun. nite.

Picture 242 re.jpg

i drove home sunday too! It was hott!! Especially with the black dart.. I got off 70 tho just before the construction and drove 40 home. There was an ungodly vibration the whole way home. I suspect slip yoke.

i drove home sunday too! It was hott!! Especially with the black dart.. I got off 70 tho just before the construction and drove 40 home. There was an ungodly vibration the whole way home. I suspect slip yoke.

Someone else in our group (there were 5 vehicles in all.. the 3 of us in the muscle cars, and 2 in new rides, one being a mini-van we dubbed 'the chase vehicle') that suggested 40... but we have always gone 70, and we werent sure exactly where 40 would lead.. LOL .. next year I am gonna take the time to map out alternate routes in case of construction.. also I may take the family car out on 70 about a week before the Nats and scope out the situation lol....

Or give me a call ill let ya know how it is in west virginia and the washington area

That sounds like a plan... I think I will do that.. Thank you.. I appreciate that

Anytime for a fellow fabo'r.. If any one else needs info im here.

Nope! Someone *cough my dad cough* forgot the camera..

-
Back