Mopar Nats @ E-Town

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Me and my lovely wife Amy had a nice time today at Englishtown. We met Gregs340, Mr340, and 73 Road Runner today in the show area. Nice to meet you guys! :thumleft:

It rained for about 8 minutes and was cloudy for about an hour, then it was tan-time! Shirt was off and skin was cookin! Not a bad day afterall....... Unfortunately Ronnie Sox was not in attendance. Reason I heard was health related. I wish him the best:salut:

If anyone is interested I have about 40 pictures in an album. Enjoy.....

http://www.linkedimages.com/gallery.php?u=FASTBACK340&g=Mopar-Atlantic-Nationals--2005

Great pictures! man5.jpeg is my fried Rick from NH. Car runs 9.60's with an Indy small block

Thanks for sharing the photos. On Friday 5/13/05 I listened to Sam Champion on channel 7 who said rain all day saturday. As a result of this I worked on the honey - do list. On sunday morning I woke up early and it was raining so I decided to skip E-Town. What a mistake that turned out to be as it stopped raining by 10:00 and was nice the rest of the day. I am sorry I missed it.

FASTBACK340 said:
Me and my lovely wife Amy had a nice time today at Englishtown. We met Gregs340, Mr340, and 73 Road Runner today in the show area. Nice to meet you guys! :thumleft:

It rained for about 8 minutes and was cloudy for about an hour, then it was tan-time! Shirt was off and skin was cookin! Not a bad day afterall....... Unfortunately Ronnie Sox was not in attendance. Reason I heard was health related. I wish him the best:salut:

If anyone is interested I have about 40 pictures in an album. Enjoy.....

http://www.linkedimages.com/gallery.php?u=FASTBACK340&g=Mopar-Atlantic-Nationals--2005

Your much better looking in person! :D And your wife must be a Saint!

man22.jpg

This car gave me tight pockets..... Damn thing looked like the Hemi under Glass! By far, THE nicest A Body there.

73roadrunner said:
Your much better looking in person! :D

:snorting: Thank You! And yes, my wife is da BEST! She really enjoys seeing me happy, and that's why I do what I can to make her happy too.:love8:

It was nice to meet someone from the board. It pays to wear your "For A Bodies Only" shirt to a car show. Maybe we can meet up with somemore of the guys at Carlisle

I'm pissed... Weather.com said it was raining there all day!

BTW, I'm pretty sure this car:

http://www.linkedimages.com/gallery.php?g=Mopar-Atlantic-Nationals--2005&u=FASTBACK340&i=man30.jpg
http://www.linkedimages.com/gallery.php?g=Mopar-Atlantic-Nationals--2005&u=FASTBACK340&i=man31.jpg

... is Chevy powered.

And I know these guys, were the other cars there? Should be 4 altogether, all painted the same:

http://www.linkedimages.com/gallery.php?g=Mopar-Atlantic-Nationals--2005&u=FASTBACK340&i=man8.jpg

AdamR said:
Nice pictures John. How was the SuperStock Hemi race ?

I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures. Unfortunately we didn't stay until the end. Amy was walking with a cane as she had a roller blade incident on Saturday ( Gravity 1 -Amy 0 ) and she was starting to limp badly. We packed it in about 3:30. We saw the first round: 8:45's @ 150 were the average. Those cars are ballistic runners...... absolutely brutal.

<sigh....> I want my car back on the road. disgust

mikelbeck said:
I'm pissed... Weather.com said it was raining there all day!

BTW, I'm pretty sure this car
... is Chevy powered.

Yeah...Yeah... but it looks soooo " I'll kick your ***...." that I had to include it!

mikelbeck said:
And I know these guys, were the other cars there? Should be 4 altogether, all painted the same:

Yeah, I saw a `65 Coronet or Belvedere running around too..... I didn't see any others.

greg340 said:
It was nice to meet someone from the board. It pays to wear your "For A Bodies Only" shirt to a car show. Maybe we can meet up with somemore of the guys at Carlisle

I'll be at Carlise! Who else is going ????

FASTBACK340 said:
Yeah, I saw a `65 Coronet or Belvedere running around too..... I didn't see any others.

There's a Duster, a roadster and the '65 you're talking about is a V100, a '62 or '63 I think. That's the original "Ancient Warrior", the other cars are his kids.

cool pics, thanks for posting them. i just wont go to that show anymore. it is so not worth it IMO anymore. glad you had fun though

--chad

just wont go to that show anymore. it is so not worth it IMO anymore.

--chad

I agree. I had not been to e town in about 6 or 7 years and I won't be going back anytime soon. This show used to alot bigger when it first started. We walked the whole thing twice in 2 1/2 hrs. It used to take that long to get in the gate.

greg340 said:
I agree. I had not been to e town in about 6 or 7 years and I won't be going back anytime soon. This show used to alot bigger when it first started. We walked the whole thing twice in 2 1/2 hrs. It used to take that long to get in the gate.

EASY guys! It was well advertised how BAD the weather was going to be. With the sky rocketing value of these cars it doesn't make sense to risk taking them out when the weather stinks. Why chance having your car wiped out by someone else having issues driving in the rain?

I think the weather sucked last year too...... Damn month of May. So unpredictable.

Thats the reason that I stayed home. As for Carlisle I am thinking about driving the Duster out there if the wife will let me miss the first 2 days af family vacation at the Jersey shore.

The guys at E-Town worked pretty hard to bring back the show this years. Its been going down hill for years. The bad weather must have been a real let down for them.

This year they added the $10,000 Hemi SuperStock shoot out, Gave a motor away, and had Rony Sox as a guest of honor who couldnt make it due to health reasons.

I hope the bad luck doesnt discourage them and others on making the show even better next year.

AdamR said:
The guys at E-Town worked pretty hard to bring back the show this years. Its been going down hill for years. The bad weather must have been a real let down for them.

This year they added the $10,000 Hemi SuperStock shoot out, Gave a motor away, and had Rony Sox as a guest of honor who couldnt make it due to health reasons.

I hope the bad luck doesnt discourage them and others on making the show even better next year.

I heard some one ask a guy if he was going to run in the Hemi shoot out.
His answer was "yeah right like I'm gonna risk my $60,000. motor for
a $10,000. prize".

onehellofadart said:
I heard some one ask a guy if he was going to run in the Hemi shoot out.
His answer was "yeah right like I'm gonna risk my $60,000. motor for
a $10,000. prize".

sounds like a chiken to me, i would risk my motor for the glory of trying and i cant aford to build a new one anytime soon...

-
Back