Mopar Nats or Carlisle?

-
all depends what you want..

carlisle is way more organized and clean. awesome cars and a ton of over priced parts..

the nats has racing on site and a ton of over priced parts and some awesome cars.

night life though (atleast the last time i went) the nats blow away carlisle. unless your hanging out in the hotel parking lot with other mopar guys there isn't much going on after like 6pm. the nats is just getting started when you leave the track..

the other thing is the nats is usually hot as hell weather wise..

The wife and I decided yesterday we are going to head to the Nats and then the following weekend Moparfest back across the border. Going to trailer the a Demon, about 4500mile round trip for us. Looking forward to it.

I do both,
Carlisle is more organized, the way I wish that the Nats were and I keep suggesting every year! The swap is better, but you will find more non-mopar crap at Carlisle (belts, purse's, flea market crap) than you ever will at Nat's. The real down side to Carlisle, there is no after hours activities going on. Pennsylvania has goofy liquor laws too. You're not going into a pony keg and buying a 6 pack, you have to go to a state store and I think the min is a case.
The Nat's has Heath after hours, that is a ton o' fun. The local cops don't bother you as long as you're not doing anything completely stupid. The state boys on the other hand, got the memo, but tossed it out the window. I was in an Applebe's last year when a State boy came in with 2 kids, seems they were making a burnout box in front of the restaurant while their parents were eating. The whole place busted out in a cheer! Both have their good sides, both have their downers, just have a blast were ever you go!

We do both. Columbus is only about 1-1/2 hrs. away and it's a long way to Carlisle.

One of the best things about Carlisle is the (Thursday?) night cruise-in and show at
the local Chrysler dealer. Huge, clean and take the family.

Carlisle show grounds is the same - huge, clean and well organized.

Nat's is, well. the Nat's. Racing on-site but largely disorganized if you are trying to
find anything in particular.

Biggest complaint about the judged show field at the Nat's: Do you think they could
at least mow the @#$%^& grass? (guess not).

I have been doing Carlisle every year since it started. The first year there were only 2 rows of vendors and about 300 or so cars. Now look at it everyone is there to have a good time and the people a friendly. I have made lots of new friends and we get together every year and have a great time. That's my vote

"If you wonna bring your familiy to an event stay away from the Nationals "
I totally and respectfully disagree jimmie. I live 20 minutes from the Nats and bring by daughters (10 and 12) with me every year. I have never had, nor seen an experience that there that I would be uncomfortable with my daughters seeing.

I last attended the Nats and stayed at the coveted Red Roof inn , besides the drunk and swearing idots theres the roving conn artists playing card games for money , I actually witnessed one of these games go wrong a gun was pulled by one of the dirt balls . Im really happy you have had good times with your family there , I would not bring mine near there in any way shape or form. I too respectfully disagree with you and your opinion of the Mopar nats or nats , whatever they wonna call it. Does anyone wonder why there called that Nats and not the Mopar nats anymore ? The other thing i remember about the Mopar nats are porta pottys that stunk so bad it made you wonna crap in the woods , at one time the nats were the place to be , unfortunately there time has come and gone . The other cold hard fact of the nats is yearly reports of cars being stolen from the people there to have fun and race there collector cars .

I love Carlisle & it is well worth my money to fly there & back from Alaska the years I can afford to travel.

I will be attending Carlisle, this year for the first time. I'm really looking forward to it. It's good to read a lot of positive reviews about it.

I live about 35 mins. from Carlisle. I believe the OP said the Nationals or Fall Carlisle. If looking for strictly Mopar parts,definitely the Chrysler Nationals in July. The spring and Fall shows are mostly other brands with maybe a half dozen or so used parts vendors for Mopar stuff, not worth the travel. As far as drag racing at the track nearby. Don't count on it this year as the track is up for sale do to back taxes from the owner from what I'm told. Was a NHRA member track but that's all been pulled, it's no longer on the NHRA website for division 1 tracks. Points around her started about 2 weeks ago at other tracks, but this one isn't and nothing has been done to it since the close of last season which they didn't finish up , stopped early and I heard because of insurance issues. I don't know what will become of the track in the future as it doesn't look promising. My wife and I took a ride there about 2 weeks ago to look around as years ago I raced for points there. Kind of sad to see it empty, as we had a lot of good memories there and made some new friends as well.

However, if you go to the Mopar Nationals in Columbus, the next weekend is the Woodward dream cruise in Detroit. The biggest one day event. Over 40.000 classic cars and 1.5 million people cruising up and down Woodward Ave from Detroit to Pontiac, MI. The die hard local Detroit guys cruise all week before the cruise. If you have enough time off, you can make both. The Dream Cruise is always the weekend after the Mopar Nats.

http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/?page_id=79

I've never been to Carlisle, but I hear that it is great also.

and if willing to travel up the road the day after the dream cruise you can hit up Moparfest in New Hamburg ON www.moparfest.ca

-
Back