Mopar p4529784 360 engine specs?

-

Dusterfreak

Reaction score
Hi, im looking to buy a used 360 that has a Mopar partnumber 4529784, think its a older crate-engine. Does anybody know what kind of cam this engine has, roller or flat tapped? And what kind of HP will it give? Thanks!

Most cams say what they are on the end of it .
If it is used chances are a timing chain is in order as well.
Pull the cover and have a look .

Non existent discontinued part with the only description found being;
P4529784 -
360 engine assembly, 360 HP

The only engine assembly I know of that fits this description is the first run create engines by MoPar. It no long have the catholic that has the first gen create engines. But what I do remember is that they were a 9.0-1 ratio engine, 284/.484/110 Purple cam wand th a N1 single plane. *I Think* then came with the "308" heads with 2.02-1.60 valves.

There were a very good deal at there introduction.

Non existent discontinued part with the only description found being;
P4529784 -
360 engine assembly, 360 HP

The only engine assembly I know of that fits this description is the first run create engines by MoPar. It no long have the catholic that has the first gen create engines. But what I do remember is that they were a 9.0-1 ratio engine, 284/.484/110 Purple cam wand th a N1 single plane. *I Think* then came with the "308" heads with 2.02-1.60 valves.

There were a very good deal at there introduction.
Never heard of these, but it sounds like a stout street engine.

Never heard of these, but it sounds like a stout street engine.
They were dubbed the
"Commando" create engines. There were 2 levels. 360/300 & 360/360.
I think the first year was about '88 or maybe '89. I remember my wife called up asking questions about them and that was '89.

After a few years of these, the create engine program turned to the Magnum head and roller cam.

They were dubbed the
"Commando" create engines. There were 2 levels. 360/300 & 360/360.
I think the first year was about '88 or maybe '89. I remember my wife called up asking questions about them and that was '89.

After a few years of these, the create engine program turned to the Magnum head and roller cam.
Hot Rod did a three way crate engine test shootout. Landy set a Petty Blue 73 Duster up, it won the shootout with a 12.58 at like 105-106 trap speed. That was the Commando crate 360hp, it did indeed have the cam Rumblefish quoted.

I remember that!
Later on, they took the engine down, rebuilt it w/12-1 slugs, Crane drag roller... etc.... 500+hp.

I still have that article in one of my folders. :)
For whiw...: Ran into Landy's kid, in 96, maybe '97 at a Famoso test and tune.. I watched it make multiple passes ..11.70's -11.80's,@ 111-112... Same car,. Congratulations ,and Compliment conversations, went like this: ....."Same setup, basic bowl and throat porting,and a good valve job...." Think about that, for a while....

For whiw...: Ran into Landy's kid, in 96, maybe '97 at a Famoso test and tune.. I watched it make multiple passes ..11.70's -11.80's,@ 111-112... Same car,. Congratulations ,and Compliment conversations, went like this: ....."Same setup, basic bowl and throat porting,and a good valve job...." Think about that, for a while....
Thats crazy.

I have P4529784 a 360 HP 360 block casting date 02/93,It is a transition year motor with a Magnum block number but is drilled for topside rocker shaft oiling, flat tappet and the LA 308 heads. I would guess as Rumblefish360 stated a 284-484 profile but i would lean towards Quickdart that it was a 108 centerline. It's lopy i use a cycling vac pump and reservoir for the PB'S. I use COMP lifters and 5/16 hollow moly pushrods so it oil's both ways, a RPM AIR GAP with a 800 Edel Thunder fed by a EDEL 110 GPH pump yet keeps the PSI around 6 as recommended. Hooker Super comps and flowmasters, a A833 matching number 4 speed with Centerforce clutch. Chry Electronic ignition with Chrome control box,45,000 volt Accel coil,Taylor wires and NGK iridium's. I run 3:23 3,000 revs at 75 MPH so at 90 it's ready to rip

100_5643.JPG

100_5637.JPG

i have two of the mp short blocks both are 89-91 360 roller blocks...one is low compression...one is what they called high compression short blocks....both have/had mp508 hydraulic cams...both them around 2004....The high compression one is still in the blue shipping crate.

Hey 70swinger360, just curious what motor oil do you use? Weight? Conventional synthetic? Sharp swinger there!:thumbsup::steering:

To: QuickDart360 I use 20-50 Mobil One racing Syn that already has Zinc in it for flat tappet protection. If i use alternate i will add the Zinc removed from regular shelf oils some 20 years ago when all engines went Roller..

Robert's a good guy. I got him on Facebook. Talk back and forth with him all the time.

I thought it was a roller as well.
I have a catalog, pages, or what's left of it from 95 or 96 in a box somewhere.
Landys son, seen a couple big block sets 915 and 452 that he did. Looks like the same approach/work I do, but what choice do you have really...

I have a catalog, pages, or what's left of it from 95 or 96 in a box somewhere.
Landys son, seen a couple big block sets 915 and 452 that he did. Looks like the same approach/work I do, but what choice do you have really...
If you run across actual information, please post it.

-
Back