Mopar perf relocation kit shims?

-

johnnycuda

JohnnyCuda's 68
Reaction score
Hey all when you install the Moper relocation kit.
Do you need to shim the spring side to side?
The box opening dimension is 3 1/4 the spring is 2 1/2
So I guess I need to get 5/8th hole shims for side to side play?
Anybody know where to get them?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Crap nobody answered
but i was told by one guy i can shim the sides with 5/8th washers.
so thats what im doing!!!

Your spring is only 2 1/2" wide???

Are those boxes welded in already?? They look really low? Might just be the angle of the photo though

it definitely does look to low. the spring should be about 3 1/4 wide with the bushing(bushings stick out some)

Yeah 2 1/2 i thought was the measurement of the spring itself.
Either way i need to shim it because the box is definitly wider!!!
The box is definetly 3 1/4
I think it's the way the picture was taken i dont think it's too low.

Your spring is only 2 1/2" wide???

Are those boxes welded in already?? They look really low? Might just be the angle of the photo though

Maybe that's why my darn car sits so high huh?
If you look at the two pics my highest hole postion is even with your lowest one so besides the cosmetic difference is there really a right and wrong way to tie these in? im sure not everybody has cut them exactly the same way.
Talk about a can of worms!!!
Well it's staying this way!!!

Looks low to me bro

idk if this helps but this is a a body spring with an old bushing. measures about 3 1/8

Attachments

• CIMG8640.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 210
Maybe the caltrac mono leaf i measured is narrower to compensate for the mounting of the caltrac bracket i didnt think of that.
Soi guess the mono leaf from Calvert is 2 1/2 widw then the caltrac goes around it so the factory spring must be wider.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ez440;1970180914]idk if this helps but this is a a body spring with an old bushing. measures about 3 1/8[/QUOTE]

that box does look a little low. I use the old spring hangers with a piece of 5/8" od tubing between the two of them that way the lowest hole is where the factory hanger would be.

You are right i just changed my springs from mono lesf's to 5 leaf's.
It rides much better than the mono's but still to high.
Thanks maybe one day i'll have them positioned in the right place a little higher up.

Looks low to me bro

-
Back