Mopar Performance M1 aluminum intake manifold Question

-

cli55er

Tem Greene's Nephew
Reaction score
this is the only aluminum intake manifold that I have found that has the recess for the stock atmospheric choke thermostat.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Mopar-Performance/312/P4876335AB/10002/-1

this is going on a 70 340 swinger. I noticed it said the water neck says to be only for 79 and up, smaller t-stat.

why in the crap would the do that!

also the water bypass hose inlet...its seems to be moved....so will the factory hose even connect to that location??

will my upper radiator hose even fit on a 79 and later water neck??

here is a pic of my original, numbers correct, intake manifold. which weighs about 100000000lbs. i'm trying to go aluminum to save weight and for looks.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 458
  • dcc-4876335ab_xl.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 411
I don't know about the clearance for the later A/C pumps. Good question. Need a been there done that fella.

The reason they modified the intake was "Cheapness" on there behalf. This intake is basically a Magnum intake minus the attaching hole angle. The front of the intake looks just like a production Magnum intake.

The hose fits IIRC.

my a/c pump fit fine on the dart....with the stock intake manifold as pictured. which wont be going back on the car...I deleted the a/c

what is the diameter of a 79 and up thermostat. I know the 70 is 2.5"
I think it is 2" on 79 and up.

water neck for 84 ramcharger is 1.5" neck size....so the radiator hose will fit over it fine. you "IRCC" correctly.

Like rumblefish said, if it's a smaller thermostat than the original, it fits a Magnum engine.

Which is the same as a small block chevy.

What carburetor are you planning on using ????

Edelbrock performer has one. #2176
Weighs about 18 lbs.
Lots of used ones out there.

Attachments

• 2176.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 335
Stock AVS....jetted.

I've seen the edelbrock. If the mopar doesn't work right I'll try that one. I don't like how the choke tstat recess is open in the side.... Seems unfinished.

-
Back