Mopar performance PCM 77072454AI

-

Kiddart1

Reaction score
I am almost ready to start/Finish my second swap. I want to use the

Authentic Mopar Performance 392 HEMI Non EO Engine Kit With PCM & Wiring Kit​

but after reading the instructions to see if there was anything that i may have missed it says not for Truck motor but I can't figure out why. if anyone knows the answer please share with me. in the meantime, I will patiently wait on hold and hope i am not on forget.

the motor is a 2014 6.4l Hemi out of a truck want to run completely stock motor for now
Automatic 727 trans with a 4000-stall converter. (in time i will do 8 speed conversion, i just can cut up the floor in this car just yet)
410 rear end.
oh and this is going in my 72 Demon

should run good.

Didn't realize the truck 6.4 was available in 2014, I thought it was a later addition.

Either way, the truck 6.4 is completely different than the car motor outside of displacement. Compression is lower, cam is different, even the heads (I think) are different. So the tune is going to be way off using a truck 6.4 with a car 6.4 tune.

Here are the truck 6.4 power numbers per Wikipedia:
  • Ram 2500/3500 pickup and 3500 SRW chassis-cab with RFE transmission: 410 hp (306 kW), 429 lb⋅ft (582 N⋅m)
  • Ram 3500 Mega Cab and 3500 DRW chassis-cab with RFE transmission, 3500 SRW/DRW with Aisin transmission: 370 hp (276 kW), 429 lb⋅ft (582 N⋅m)
  • Ram 4500 and 5500 chassis-cab: 366 hp (273 kW), 429 lb⋅ft (582 N⋅m)
Compare that to the 485/475 peaks for the car 6.4.

this is the BGE motor. I am sure I will be using a thinner head gasket and a bigger than stock cam (needs to be replaced anyways). my son is already busting my balls about that. my plan is all stock. but he is building the motor so i am sure he will find some extra HP. i will sort it out just want to do the right PCM. I won't do anther Gold box that's for sure. it has taken a long time to sort the dart out with that program. i want simple on this one. just asked seller to confirm its out of a 2014 3500 Ram

Last edited:
Looks like the difference in compression is 10:1 for the truck and 10.9 for the car. I was thinking it was more like 9.5 or worse for the truck.

I would swap in a 6.4 car cam and intake and run the stock tune. Should be close enough. The only sticking point might be springs, that might be what is different between the truck and car 6.4 heads. I know the 5.7 can't use the 6.4 springs as (I think) they coil bind due to the 6.4 valve being longer. Might be a similar issue with the 6.4 truck heads. Work that out and run it.

FYI, I bought 68277306AA springs for my 6.4 cam swap at less than $5 each. Might work for you as well.

This guy used MMX and had to get different spring spacers for his truck heads. He build a truck 6.4 as well.

Hmm...that's annoying. The website won't give me the link to post #35 like I want.

Here is the start of the thread, post #35 is the second page. Might be useful info since he used a truck 6.4 like you are.

I was just watching a video and they were saying put the car cam in it and run a thinner head gasket and let it eat. I will match the springs to the cam of course turn off the MDS and go from there. I am still waiting on hold, i think its the cam is the wild card.
i will find a better cam and go with it.

thanks I did the 5.7 with eagle heads and big cam different springs etc and runs good for what it is.

Oh, and I think the fuel injectors for the truck are bigger, too. Might need to step down to the 6.4 car injectors to keep the tune happy.

1724181219972.png

-
Back