MOPAR PERFORMANCE PISTONS.....WHO SUPPLIED THEM TO MOPAR???

-

V24x2

Reaction score
Hello brothers of the abody world. I have a quick question.....
who supplied FORGED MOPAR PERFORMANCE pistons to/for mopar?????.....anybody know for sure?? Any help would be appreciated before I buy a set from a friend a few states away, so I can't look or inspect myself. Thanks ahead of time for any info.

The set I have for a 360 destroker to fit the 355ci & under rules of NASCAR were said to be Venolia. (Sp?)

I do not know this as fact.
There are no markings anywhere on the pistons except the part number.
The valve reliefs are equal in size.

So truly, I am in the same boat as you.

appreciated....but need just alittle more hard evidence...maybe I'll comb venolias website when I get a chance to see if they offer any of the same?!?!?

Like I said, I don't actually know, just told that.
Your idea to look through various manufactures is a good one. However, I just had this idea which may or may not be fruitful. Call MoPar up and ask them!
Do you know when the slugs were originally purchased? I ask because that may have an effect on the answer. 1 manufacture 1 year, next year a different one. Who knows?!?!

Do so report back your findings as this is interesting.

It may depend on the application and what year they were made. I have a set of NOS Direct connection 11.5 to 1 forged pistons in a 383 I am getting ready to run in my Satellite. I read in the Direct Connection catalog they were made by TRW. More modern pistons may be made by someone else. In my 1975 Direct Connection catalog all the pistons i looked at were trw

Yes! That is absolutely accurate.
TRW was the supplier back then.

I have MP pistons that were made by Wiseco...

Do you have the part number of the piston?

If I give you mine, can you answer that question for me as well?

that would be a great help....Heres the numbers....
P4876971
.020/3.31 piston for 340....thankyou!

Those would be made by Wiseco....

I have two set of pistons from that era of part numbers...let me check the pistons and see if there anything that says wiseco .....I bought them from a MP dealer many years ago...and they told me they were made by Wiseco....

Bought two sets for a 3.51 stroke and used them in a 3.58 360...used the tall compression height to get a positive deck height on the pistons...anyway

I got to go by the "shop" tonight and will check.

very cool! I'm guessing somewhere between 2002/2006 maybe? Thankyou very much 70aarcuda!!!
Let me ask....how did that 3.51 crank work in that 360?? sounds like a nice revving engine actually!

no...used pistons for 3.51 stroke in 3.58 stroke 360.....ran pretty good....look at 71 Dart in signature below.

so NOT a nice revving motor you say?? bummer. don't see any signature below. was hoping to see how that destroked 360 ran!!!

These are the MP pistons I have and they have no other marking.....But they are a very nice piston.....Like I said...the one set was bought from a MP dealer out of Michigan and he said they were Wiseco...that was 10 yrs ago or so...

20170907_144611_resized.jpg

20170907_144625_resized.jpg

Those look like the ones I have. The part number/piston is not in front of me at the moment.

yes they are very nice pieces! I was hoping to see a cast W or something down in there but no luck! thankyou very much for taking the time to take pics and all....much appreciated!

-
Back