Mopar Performance Valve Cover owners!!!!

-

ClarkDart70

Street Machines Limited
Reaction score
I'm looking to put a new set of Mopar performance valve covers on my 318 with stock intake and LA heads.
I have read about the Mopar Perf vlve covers not seating correctly. Anyone have any experiences with this issue?

I'm looking to put a new set of Mopar performance valve covers on my 318 with stock intake and LA heads.
I have read about the Mopar Perf vlve covers not seating correctly. Anyone have any experiences with this issue?

I have these valve covers on my 318 with LA heads and a eddy RPM. I had to grind some of the lip on the intake side because the lip rested on the intake before the head. I understand that that is what happens with most. Perhaps someone with stock intake will chime in.

my La covers went on with no problem and work great

Attachments

• 036 (Copy).JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 285
I have them on my 340 with an LD340 intake and never had an issue.

Just make sure you get the updated gaskets and re-torque them periodically.

Good luck, they look awesome.

any specific gaskets?
I am on the fence about using my PCV and factory breather setup or just going with an aftermarket breather.

I have zero problems with the MP rubber/steel core gaskets. I also use the factory PVC (Important it has a pentastar on it) and oil breather. All parts can be had from the local MoPar dealer for this including grommets.

OH, I forgot to mention, when tightening down big block MP covers, they must absoultely go down evenly and be torque down evenly. They will crack on you if you are not careful.
Been there done that.

any specific gaskets?
I am on the fence about using my PCV and factory breather setup or just going with an aftermarket breather.

There is a real nice reusable one,but I forget the manufactuerer,lol! Moroso?

-
Back