Mopar Performance Valve Covers

-

68 Coronet RT

68 GTS # 508 in Registry
Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase a set of the Mopar performance Valve cover P5007611AB . These are the aluminum finned covers for a 340. Will the twist on breather cap P4529880 work on these covers and what grommet will I need to put into the other oil filler hole to put my PCV valve.

Look on summit racing. They sell breathers and PCV’s that fit on all styles of valve cover openings. I purchased both a PCV and a breather element to work on my MP valve covers.

No standard PCV grommet will fit the slotted oil fill opening properly. There is a boss on the opposite end for a knock out (a 1" to 1-1/8" hole saw is best, cut from the inside on your drill press).

Those covers are a half inch thick at the boss/knock out area. Most grommets from the Help section are not thick enough and their grooves are too narrow to seal well.

Ma Mopar corporate discontinued production of the "right" grommet a couple years ago. This kit with the grommet and a plug is about $15 but can often be on backorder too. Last time I ordered some, none of the usual suppliers had it but a smaller outfit in East Moline, Illinois did.

15660932835901062669263.jpg

1566093338737226070476.jpg

More pics are in this Facebook post at Log into Facebook | Facebook

Last edited:
I think I found what I'm looking for, It's a Scott Drake twist in grommet for PCV valves. Read the reviews and some Mopar guys used them on their Mopar Performance Valve Covers and they worked perfect and didn't have to do any drilling. I will reply here when I get everything from summit this coming week.

Sometimes, you may need to add a gasket under that unit and it will work excellent.

-
Back