Mopar purple .528 for a 383?

-
You got the ac , the fuel line, AND the carb, for $250?!? You're a thief. (KIDDING, LOL.)
I figure that a/c and fuel line are worth almost $200, so basically $50 for the carb. Lucky bugger, lol.
He was asking $450 and I asked if he would sell just the carb for $250 and then he just gave it all to me.

He was asking $450 and I asked if he would sell just the carb for $250 and then he just gave it all to me.
That's how it's done dude. Some people just can't handle subtraction math and the frustration ends up with oh here, just take it all

That's how it's done dude. Some people just can't handle subtraction math and the frustration ends up with oh here, just take it all
He said he was switching everything to efi and “would probably just throw it away anyway “ I said just call me the trash can!

My opinion is a bit biased due to the experience I had, but I don't know if I can trust purplecam. Had 509 in my 440, 10.5:1. Loved it for awhile, after a couple years it suddenly failed. By fail I mean it broke into several pieces and completely wrecked the block beyond repair. I was only cruising at about 25mph when it happened.

My opinion is a bit biased due to the experience I had, but I don't know if I can trust purplecam. Had 509 in my 440, 10.5:1. Loved it for awhile, after a couple years it suddenly failed. By fail I mean it broke into several pieces and completely wrecked the block beyond repair. I was only cruising at about 25mph when it happened.
Holy **** !
The cam could have been dropped and fractured before you got it.

Yea I'm not entirely sure what caused it, and it was running in the car for a few years at least by that point. I managed to get lucky and find a later model block ('78) at a fairly good price in town the same day, so that's what I have now. Much lower compression, I think the cam we put in was a compcam 224.

Yea I'm not entirely sure what caused it, and it was running in the car for a few years at least by that point. I managed to get lucky and find a later model block ('78) at a fairly good price in town the same day, so that's what I have now. Much lower compression, I think the cam we put in was a compcam 224.
Wow, that's a bummer.
I guess that's one benefit of running a billet core

Great street cam, i run this cam in my car and even on a few customers stroker builds !
Must run roller rockers, DO NOT BUY SPEEDMASTER buy decent arms.
My personal engine runs the crane gold 1.6 on a great pair of ported 452's (90's build) and has done 15,000 miles without lifting a cyl head !
EFI makes it more tame and streetable, 11.02 @ 120 Heavy A-body dart with junk leaf springs..... should do a high 10.95 once i bash in the mono-leafs !
Bed the cam with high amounts of zinc in the oil
in advance it 2*
Enjoy

Got the pistons and rings,ordered a fluid damper and it’s turning into a build…lol

70848455383__24D162A8-E361-4CBF-A360-E94BFB0C3C1E.jpeg

-
Back