mopar source stealth 440 heads

-

cudaboy 67

Reaction score
mopar source stealth 440 heads any of these made in usa or are they like "procomp" please excuse my ignorance, have very limited info here in uk but tild they better out the box than eddys..........any info at all be well appreciated,going ally heads, overkill on a street only 440ci A body/ thought more power and less weight be good.

I think out of the box the stealth heads are probably comparable to the eddy's.Having sayed that I have eddy heads on my Barracuda.I think the wieght savings alone on A-body BB cars make alum heads a good investment.All so a little porting and polishing can make a big difference even on a street car.
67 cuda
500 cu
3500 stall
373 rear
275X60X15 drag radial
11.0 et 121mph

Their website says they are made in USA. I had a set that I sold, they were descent looking heads, never ran them though. If you are going for a stock look, they look great painted (just like factory). They also look great unpainted. I have read that for race application you should do a valve job.

many thanks, the car far from stock,its for street use mainly, the engine a pre production<65> 440 with 4 speed manual, i have a holly 750 vac sec,edelbrock performer dual plane inlet,stock 906 heads and the cam is verrry mild as it idles well,i want a cam/head combo to liven things up but nothing lairy cam wise as not want to ruin the drivability. im cautious with the heads as going to be mail order as im here in uk and not want to get some crap thro post! im told the rods are six pack and pistons too but who knows, im not going to be opening the motor up at all at this stage just bolt on stuff,the engine pretty strong im not looking for anything mental just a bit more than i have now!

if you are really worried about getting crap heads (rightfully so given your location), then buy them from an online machine shop that examines and preps them for you. Usually the extra service does not cost much more and you know you are getting a good piece, not something that got passed the first inspection by accident. With better heads the gains are more noticable when you also step up your cam and intake selection. Also as a sidebar, I would ditch the vac secondary carb since you have a 4-speed and go with a double pumper.

Nothing produced by 440Source is made in the USA. Not cast, not machined.

I already have the alum Eddy heads, but if I had to buy a new set for a street car I would go with the cheaper of the two (stealths), the weight difference isnt all that much, 40 pounds if I remember over a set of 906 iron heads.

the Procomp and 440 source heads are made in China. I don't know where some members are getting their info from. If you want aluminum, spent the extra $400 (USD) and get the Edelbrock Performers

I have been doing a lot of research on this too. I think I may buy the 440 source heads. I would like to buy them ported ( 440 source gives you that option but the link has been down lately). I have seen several other members flow charts which have been pretty impressive for the price. I have heard too that the weight difference is not as much as you expect but there was enough to tell. I have also read, I believe in a magazine that with a little machine work they are suppose to be the bang for the buck if you are going for a "not too over the top build" or for a budget build.

-
Back