Mopar vs Rice

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
About 8 years ago there was a guy that wanted to street race me in my 81 Malibu cop car (Don't laugh, my ex could not kill it) with his Nova. I agreed to meet him where everybody played. He shows up with it and I told him no way. He brought in a wicked Nova on a trailer. He said that it ran in the low 12's. I told him that the Malibu ran 13.05 so why waste my time and his.
So I told him that I have an absolutely bone-stock Slant 6 that runs in the 11's.......and I would run him with it.
I drove about 5 miles to the house and came back with this. He screamed bloody murder that I did not mention that it was a bike, etc.
I replied that the Malibu was a daily driver and not an unlicensed trailer queen with a Dominator, slicks, etc. I asked him if he was THAT afraid of a little Slant Six?
And the green thing beside it is even quicker-- (note the emblem to the right of the red bikes headlight) Yes it is a Mopar original emblem!

P1300940.jpg

Ah man that's got me crying with laughter!!!
Excellent story!
Is that a Kawasaki 750 turbo in the back ground- awesome.
did you ever check out any of the clips of Ghostrider on YouTube, that maniac with the 500HP 'Busa in Sweden- that's the fastest thing ever on public roads, check this nut out-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx1CkPcICaY&feature=related

Ah man that's got me crying with laughter!!!
Excellent story!
Is that a Kawasaki 750 turbo in the back ground- awesome.
did you ever check out any of the clips of Ghostrider on YouTube, that maniac with the 500HP 'Busa in Sweden- that's the fastest thing ever on public roads, check this nut

That guy is freakin NUTS!!! They'll be scraping what's left of him off of a European highway soon....or picking the chunks of him out of someones grill!

tweety, If your so in to ricers why are you on this site? Go join a ricer site if that is what your into. I don't give a rats about some rice slinger. I am on this site for my dart. It's cool if you like imports more power to you. I'm just saying your on the wroung site to be talking theme up so much. Dont you think?

Ok dude here's my old hemi car, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOmIwGf2bvEI I liked driving that too, so did my little boy when we put a a 2 ton ratchet strap around his baby seat and drove him around to the test station to get it's NYS inspection, 572 ci Hemi and twin PT 88 turbos and a Lenco on 33 " tall slicks. But the thing is the Skyline is a whole heap more fun to drive on the street because it stops and goes around corners- don[t knock it until you've tried it I say!

Yes, it is a real 1984 Kaw 750 Turbo. I bought from a friend who had road-raced it. It a GXSR front and rear suspension on it. We have modified it even more with an intercooler and blow-off valve from (get this) a Mazda Millienia S. Also have an adjustable boost controller on it. 15 psi will blow the rear tire away at 80 to 90mph very easily. I call it the Project Warthog--Ugly but deadly. At idle, the thing sounds like an A10 loitering overhead. The turbo ricer group got the shock of their life when I buzzed a bunch of them.
My son is going to hang a full set of plastics from an 06 Ninja on it. Then I can't call it a Kawasuki anymore.

My mate had one of those lunatic machines and it could destroy huge Dunlop road race tire in about half an hour, a K181 tire I think it was?
I hopped on the back of the thing once oh my lord.... NEVER again.
It's got a little ceramic IHI turbo on it from memory, what an amazing bit of engineering and at least ten years ahead of it's time.
Listen email me some pics , I'd love to see them, sneal@ hvc.rr.com
Have a good evening, thanks
Andy.

sorry I just deleted that last post it was cheap shot,not my style..
The picture below is the intake from the Skyline, now if anyone on here can challenge the quality of the work here I will eat it, just look at those welds and CNC ported to with 0.5cc per runner, the NHRA prostock guys would never be able to get close to this..

DSC00289.jpg

those are some nice tig welds. but I'm getting really tired of this thread.
too much hate. we all know why we're here. to share our love for MoPar and help each other out. we're not here to sit and complain about brand X.

guys if that don't impress you then there is no hope but each to his own I suppose, I loved hearing my big old hemi screaming away, but it was usually accompanied by loads of water and oil dripping out as well , which got kind of tedious..
I least with this technology I get in, turn the key and go off for a drive, and dollar for dollar I'd say it's even for HP produced at the wheels.
Still I should be getting the Mopar NASCAR motor back one day soon, although that's been built by a CH#$Y guy , so probably doesn't count.....
And I suppose this doesn't count as a Mopar because the steering wheels on the wrong sidehttp://www.moparts.org/moparts/picture/oldweb/Andy.html

I had a kid bragging about how his Civic with some Accord motor in it made 180 hp. I asked "what is so great about that? If your Civic made as much HP/liter as my Honda you would be putting out about 320/liter.

My Honda: 162 HP from 1.1 liter
BlackbirdDone-1.jpg

back in the early 80's when F1 had turbo 1.5 litre motors they were making 1000+ in qualifying...
But of course not invented here so proably doesn't count?

funnily enough I have an Australia straight 6 HEMI from an early 70's Aussie hemi sitting here they made > 300 HP with the triple Weber carb set up, now add 0.5 BAR of boost to the deal and er. yep you have a hemi.
The crazy Aussies are running 8's in A bodies with these motor and all from 265ci, bit of a change for a slant 6 US motor -IMO...
But again NOT invented here, so it probably doesn't count..

There is no replacement for displacement.... If you put as much money as they had in that skyline into a v-8 it would make way more power. You don't see any honda motors in Top Fuel Drags making 8,000HP. Its annoying as hell when the import guys think that there cold air is giving them 20hp and then the exhaust is another 15 and the racing clutch is putting more to the ground and than it should run 12s.... and so on and so on.

did have and the Skyline still came up trumps...
Done the Hemi dart thing, done the 900HP nitrous smallblock thing, done the 572 ci twin turbo KB hemi thing with a lenco
http://www.dragracingonline.com/features/featurecar/ix_9-warpig-1.html.

My fave is still the pissy *** little straight 6 turbo Jap motor for sheer 'smile on your face' driving... So Don't knock it until you try it and believe me you've never lived until you've tried that 4 wheel drive system

To each his own.

I take that you didn't look at the video link then?
You try getting that contraption to go around a corner on 17x 21 1/2" tires and a 4 link, and then try stopping it at more than 40MPH-yeah you can pull the chutes but would you want to on the street?
Oh and that iron clutch is just a beauty with the Lenco, still my 4 year old had fun in it, which is more than his old man did....

Just a reality check here:

I was a teenager in the 70's. All the fast guys were older than me. Had better paying jobs. And owned the 396 Chevelles...427 `Vettes...and the Hemis. I was just a green kid who wanted to be in the game. So....

My first car was a 2 door `64 Dodge Polara hardtop. It had the old 318 poly...cast iron torqueflite...and an open rear. That didn't stop me from taking a hack-saw to my exhaust and installing about 3' of flex-pipe mounted to a pair of Hush Trush mufflers, bolting a set of Gabrielle Hi-Jackers (which put the trunk high enough to rest your chin on...), and a set of bright yellow Lakewood traction bars to compliment my H-60-14's that stuck out past the fender lips. Then I had the nerve to cruise down to Connecting Highway or Laurel Hill...or Cross Bay Blvd. ALL the 'Hot Spots" for serious street action in NYC "back in the day".

Now, what made ME any different than what we see with today's kids?

BTW: early reports indicate that the new Nissan GT-R laps the Nurburgring FASTER than a Porsche Turbo.

Like I said a while ago:
Fast is Fast
A Poser is a Poser

nah he's some viking stunt rider and has been at this stuff for years, the cops don't have guns there- LOL
I'll have to dig out the clip of the boss of TopSecret Cars in Japan in some tunnel in Tokyo going 200+ MPH, that's truly insane!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5gZF9EeIpY

Well, the swedish cops have guns just like a normal country. And the top secret
Gtr R33 is for sale in uk for 26.000 GBP 796 bhp on pump gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back