Mopar XHD leaf spring questions

-

braz28

Reaction score
I'm currently researching leaf springs for our big block A-body, several options are available, i'd like to avoid excessive shipping fees and purchase them from our local Dodge dealer from the Mopar catalog.

My goal is to swap the lower leaf from the XHD with our original, thus retaining original part numbers, i want to retain stock height and ride, so not interested in the Super stock springs

several part numbers come up on the Direct connection website, descriptions are not accurate and conflicting.

which part numbers equate to the stock leaf springs for a big block A-body?

Are the leaf springs offered by mancini the same as Direct connection?

thanks

Most new springs will lift the car until they settle in. The bronze car has factory 340 springs. The orange car has early SS springs new 3000# for 64 max wedge car. both cars have 275 60's on 8" wheels. No matter what spring you get you'll have different results. I arched the springs on the bronze car myself. Well my son swung the hammer.

A friend of mine Denver Fink showed me how to re-arch my springs with a big hammer and two wooden 4x4's . Lay the springs/ one leaf at a time on the boards and hit them between the two siding them back and forth and one sot same distance apart. He would lay them on their side before and draw the arch on the floor before they are re-arched to keep track of the difference . You would not believe how fast they get a greater arch. He would make his own springs for 4X4 cars he would build.

100_0121.JPG

100_0158.JPG

DSCN2526.JPG

DSCN2527.JPG

4x4%20sat[1].jpg

Love the tech tip and am going to use it myself, but that '67 Satellite! :eek::( I can respect anyone who can bring that type of project to fruition, but is there any hope of bringing that one back to original? Heck, I couldn't even do that with a '67 Belvedere 4 door slant six car, much less with that nice of a 2 door hardtop. I'm going to have nightmares for at least a week thinking about that....

-
Back