Moparfest 2014

-
I looked at a video of last year's show. The inside of the display building
looked very nice (maybe not call it "a barn")?

That said, Rodzilla's Demon, HD's Duster and 62bt409's 2 Hemi cars should
probably be in there if they attend.

Does anybody ever mow the grass before these events? Reminded me of the
Nat's in Columbus 2 years ago.

I was lucky enough to attend a Chrysler Classic event at Norwalk Raceway Park
during my trip north that year. Anybody who portends to put on a major car show
should go there and see how they do it. Grounds immacualately prepared.

Thanks for the complement. I was asked by by Pat if I would want to be in the arena, but declined since I'd rather hangout with the FABO crowd and have my car there as well. Can't wait!

The display building is an old hockey arena.... In Canada we lovingly refer to the old arenas as barns.

The display building is an old hockey arena.... In Canada we lovingly refer to the old arenas as barns.

I liked that statement 8)8) Here we just raze them....that seems to be the standard :sad10::sad10: and make way for the undesirables and their living quarters. Just sayin....

I have a feeling there is going to be a push by the FABO guys to line up in order since there seems to be consecutive numbers , If so I hope my number is low enough to stay on the grass eh LOL ! Either way I gotta say this is shaping up to be an awesome weekend with so many members in attendance . Don't forget everyone needs to get a pic to 2darts for the banner.

I have a feeling there is going to be a push by the FABO guys to line up in order since there seems to be consecutive numbers , If so I hope my number is low enough to stay on the grass eh LOL ! Either way I gotta say this is shaping up to be an awesome weekend with so many members in attendance . Don't forget everyone needs to get a pic to 2darts for the banner.

I'm in the general parking since I will be coming up with a bunch of local friends. My number is 150, so it does appear they have given you numbers together.

well it's official I'm in #255 came today , loved the club parking registration letter that came with it "keep this letter in a safe place it cannot be replaced"#-o jeez you forget your package on the kitchen table 3600 miles away one time and they go and make a rule about it LOL .
PS looks like I'll be parked close to the Brats eh ! I have a friend who is starting a charter fishing outfit so maybe there's a way I can score some local fresh seafood and have it shipped to one of you guys for the grill , has anyone got a count on how many of us theres going to be ?

There must be a trailer parking area because I found this on their website under the "OVERNIGHT" section.

"Car haulers, car trailers may be left in the trailer parking section for the weekend."

We can accommodate trailer parking, just not right at the fairgrounds.
Trailers can be parked across the road, in the spectator parking area, it's free.
There's a bus shuttle to the parking area, it's not far, but still a good walk.

Thanks for clearing that up Gilles I have been scanning the aerial photos trying to figure out where the trailer parking was at , so there you go guys a short drive across highway , a bit of a pain loading and unloading if you don't want to drive in the heat but an option .

The roads from the hotels are perfect, no potholes, issues etc. Tons of Mopars on the highway, it was great driving it with Dad last year!

I thought the vendors area allowed trailers in the booth spaces ? I think we're getting mixed up here .HemiDenny has a booth space in the vendor area doesn't he ?

I thought the vendors area allowed trailers in the booth spaces? I think we're getting mixed up here.

HemiDenny has a booth space in the vendor area doesn't he ?
Not that I'm aware of (yet). When you're talking about a "booth space" is that outdoors or inside the building?

Sounds like a long way to carry a couple of hundred lbs of stuff!

Can trucks with trailers be brought in to load and unload each morning and
evening and then be parked across the road?

You don't really need to load and unload, there is security there overnight.
If you make prior arrangements, we will do everything we possibly can to accommodate you.
We have golf carts, bus, volunteers etc... to assist.

If you are loading/unloading vehicles, I'd say yes. Someone will be there to assist you, just let us know.

PM me, I'll give you my cell #, call me when you're near.
I'll personally make sure it all works out for you, I'll even drive you back, so you don't wait for the shuttle.

there is security there overnight.

I was reading the event website and it actually states that there will be "A" security
person overnite (as in ONE ???) and for how many cars/area?

It also states that they are NOT responsible for any loss/theft/damage etc.

I think that if it was me, I would want to load up a 60-100k show car and take it with
me each night.

I wouldn't want to drive it from a field across the road either.

JMHO

You don't really need to load and unload, there is security there overnight.
If you make prior arrangements, we will do everything we possibly can to accommodate you.
We have golf carts, bus, volunteers etc... to assist.

If you are loading/unloading vehicles, I'd say yes. Someone will be there to assist you, just let us know.

PM me, I'll give you my cell #, call me when you're near.
I'll personally make sure it all works out for you, I'll even drive you back, so you don't wait for the shuttle.

Awesome gesture Gilles! The field you "drive" across is a baseball field. Its not like its a cow pasture LOL:toothy2:....2000 plus cars drive thru it easily.
This is shaping up to be the best FABO turnout, and possibly best Moparfest turnout!!:prayer:

The field you "drive" across is a baseball field. Its not like its a cow pasture.
I guess I should leave now because I don't even live close enough to attend and I understand that my opinion probably doesn't matter....but.....

I've been to shows where you had to take a car you spent a week underneath with a toothbrush and then are directed to drive across dust/dirt/mud/crushed stone etc.

I don't even want my tow rig on dusty crushed stone. Hopefully none of that here.

I guess I should leave now because I don't even live close enough to attend and I understand that my opinion probably doesn't matter....but.....

I've been to shows where you had to take a car you spent a week underneath with a toothbrush and then are directed to drive across dust/dirt/mud/crushed stone etc.

I don't even want my tow rig on dusty crushed stone. Hopefully none of that here.

Hey yer never too far away to attend! The more mopars the merrier. There's tons of 6 figure cars there and then there's me who's project is still a non-running project. Some are behind ropes inside and some are out on display. The field is where most of the BS flies and beers flow, chicken wings n sausages. Its all good. I can bring a spare tooth brush??.

Attachments

• moparfest pic.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 201
Don't bother Steve we have a pretty good idea where your toothbrush has been buddy , yes it's a park it has grass and dirt and crushed rock infields and all that , if people want to bring cars that are allergic to those things they can arrange to show them in the concrete floored show barn where they can be trailered in and trailered out after without getting there feet dirty . About the Booth I was referring to the spaces set aside outside in the vendor area but now Gilles is involved rest assured you will be well taken care of ,Atta Boy Gilles hope you can find time to join us for dinner Saturday night this year .

should go there and see how they do it. Grounds immaculately prepared.

I always say that Norwalk (now called Summit) is the best track in Ohio but it's not due to the Mopar show promoters. It's 100% due to the Bader family. They plow a lot of money into it to make it what it is and they are totally involved. All of the pits are paved asphalt. The swap and show car areas are on grass but there are asphalt roads dividing the area into strips. Nice main bathroom area with showers, camping under the trees, etc. And of course the $1/pound ice cream.:icescrea:

I'll have to take a look at Moparfest on the map and see how far it is. I'm guessing $300 for gas. First Mopar show for me I'd need a passport though.

...it's not due to the Mopar show promoters. It's 100% due to the Bader family.
You're right. It's 100% due to that facility, not the Chrysler Classic people.
They're just fortunate to have an event there. It's the standard all should
aspire to.

It's gratifying to see that this event (Kitchener) has donated so much to local
charities. Good job.

-
Back