Mopars at street rod nationals kick off, pictures included

-
I had a great time today at the Nationals. I have never seen that many
great rides in one place.

Thanks WildCat and enjoy tomorrow.

The air was so cool going back home that my Daytona Shelby Z
turbo was boosting right at 15 pounds. Made for a quick run up the Interstate.

What a great outing! Thanks WildCat for all the pics.

And I second "swifter"...Steve's sentiments. It's great to see Tony & Thelma out enjoying things. :thumbrig:

View attachment image.jpg

I'm not sure but the 5th vehicle to win the top 5 was a 33 Dodge truck and after sleeping all night I woke up and thought, I BET IT WAS THE RED TRUCK

So not positive but would guess this is the other winner.

Yes, got a Hemi, and what a build

Definitely a winner in my book

Yes wildcat, the hood is made from a challenger hood, my poor wife gets confused sometimes. She does have an e body Cuda but I got all fired up to make it into a pro touring style car and tore it apart then got busy with other things.....you know the story. Anyways, it was great to meet you guys and thanks for the kind words, maybe one of these days I will get to sign Tonys wall

I just booked my hotel for the street rod nationals 2015. This thread convinced me that it was worth going. Unfortunately, it is same dates as Mopar Nationals. Anyone else going in 2015?

I just booked my hotel for the street rod nationals 2015. This thread convinced me that it was worth going. Unfortunately, it is same dates as Mopar Nationals. Anyone else going in 2015?

Are you sure it's the same dates? I thought the street rod show was the first weekend of august and the mopar nats was the second?

I remember going to that show every year from when I was 5 to about 15. I'll have to ask my aunt if she still has it but somewhere there is a picture of me and two buddies sleeping in the back seat of a 37 sedan heading back to the camp ground. I haven't been since they changed the cut off year but maybe I'll try and make it down this year. There is a big money bracket race down at bowling green that weekend usually so I'll get my racing fill in too!

Looks like I'll miss the street rod show again. I'm more of a racing fan so it's nice having two in one place even if it's ran poorly.

-
Back