Mopars At The Beach! Who's going?

-

Landon

76 340 Duster
Reaction score
Are any of you guys going to Mopars At The Beach next week in Myrtle Beach? I'm going to be taking my recently finished 76 Duster!
20160624_210102.jpg
moparsbeach-791x1024.jpg

20160624_210102.jpg

I was thinking of bringing my junk, but I just looked at the website today and the top line says that the event has been cancelled. Is this true?

MyrtleBeach.com - Hotels, Attractions, Restaurants & Area Information! I dont know a whole lot of details but Mopar week was canceled several months ago by the people who were putting it on and then Carolina coastal Mopars started the Mopars At The Beach. Its not a week long event like Mopar week was. But if you get on facebook and look up mopars at the beach there's a lot of talk about the events they are having. Its looking like it may be very similar to Mopar week and hopefully have a good turnout!

Hey Landon, have you ever been to this event before? Just wondering how strict the local PD is concerning slicks, wheelie bars, etc before I head that way.. Thanks in advance...

Hey Landon, have you ever been to this event before? Just wondering how strict the local PD is concerning slicks, wheelie bars, etc before I head that way.. Thanks in advance...

I have been to it and the PD won't bother you. Mustang week made a bad name for itself but they come by the thousands and got crazy last year. This year they behaved. The Mopar week is very small in comparison and the organizers are more strict.

Tja
I have been to it and the PD won't bother you. Mustang week made a bad name for itself but they come by the thousands and got crazy last year. This year they behaved. The Mopar week is very small in comparison and the organizers are more strict.
Thats good to know! And no this will be my first time going.

To all who are going......Hwy 31 is your friend! It runs parallel to Hwy 17, but is inland a mile or so. It's like an interstate, and runs from Hwy 9 in Little River, all the way to Hwy 544 at the south end of Myrtle Beach. It is never crowded, and will keep you from sitting in traffic and overheating. You can get on it at Hwy 9, Hwy 22, Grissom Parkway, and Hwy 501. My wife & I have a place at the beach, so I may go to the show. Depending on the weather, I may bring my car.

To all who are going......Hwy 31 is your friend! It runs parallel to Hwy 17, but is inland a mile or so. It's like an interstate, and runs from Hwy 9 in Little River, all the way to Hwy 544 at the south end of Myrtle Beach. It is never crowded, and will keep you from sitting in traffic and overheating. You can get on it at Hwy 9, Hwy 22, Grissom Parkway, and Hwy 501. My wife & I have a place at the beach, so I may go to the show. Depending on the weather, I may bring my car.

Good advice, If you can stay away from 501 between Conway and Carolina Forrest, or you will be in traffic at the wrong time of the day.

-
Back