Mopars at the Dragstrip

-

70Dart499

Reaction score
Just wondering why there are not more MOPAR's at the Dragstrip? I run the bracket points series @ a couple of tracks, and we average a little over 100 cars twice a month, & for every 100 cars, there are maybe 75 Chevy/GM, 20 Fords and 5 or fewer Mopars. Why aren't there more Mopar racers out there? I used to think it was cost, but when you get into Higher end stuff it's ALL expensive. Maybe it's just because parts aren't as readily available, or maybe it's just that in the area I live in doesn't have many drag race Mopars. What's everyones opinion on this, in a way it's neat to be one of Only a few, but sometimes it would be nice to have more.

It,s the same up here,but 80% Stangs,18%Cramaro,2% Mopar.It kinda sucks,but it is what it is.:protest:

I went to the ET Nationals at Milan Dragway last Saturday. There was probably 150 cars there and 4 Mopars. The vast majority were rustangs.

You guys are spot on about the Fox Body Rustangs, I friggin hate those things. Don't know why so many guys like a car that is junk, and just plain ugly. Guess some people are after nothing but cheapness

If you ask me, why does it matter? Just makes your car that much better! You are different and that is a good thing. Sure they have a whole **** load of aftermarket stuff and we pay a lot more then them for the parts, but Originality with a Mopar is much easier then with a Chevy or Ford.

Mostly because GM's are so friggin' cheap to build...eg..dbl roller chains are $17...cant get Mopar stuff that cheap.

We don't need to prove it all over again, that's why. :)

-
Back