Mopars at the strip

-
Hello all,
I have never been to Vegas or any real big Mopar event. I am not sure but it looks like a 17 mile dirve from where we are staying to the speedway according to mapquest(the Luxor:dontknow:) Are most going to stay at the Cannery??? My wife isn't so sure we need a weekend pass as she plans to shop and see some sights while in Vegas. the MATS website doesn't really explain what and when all events are taking place(except for the drags). I know i'm not gonna be able to live at the track for the weekend but I'd like to meet the guest of honour, see some racing and check out some cars and scan the swap meet for goodies.....
As mentioned, I'd sure like to meet as many FABO members as possible. Any Ideas or previous experiences at this event would be greatly appreciated.

Saturday is the best day to go to the MATS

Hey all - y'all are welcome to meet up with "carriesduster", "67gtx", and "ocdart" at the Plum Crazy 1970 Dodge Dart with Paxton-supercharged 360 Charity Raffle Car from Inland Mopars Car Club. We're convoying in from SoCal on Thursday.
If you're going to have your car in either the car show or the fun field, our members we'll be some of the folks directing you where to park. So say "HI" and then come on by our charity raffle car in the vendors area.

Has anyone come up with a designated meeting area? A local guy said a bunch of people from the Moparts forum will be meeting somewhere around the south end. Since a lot of members here are also members there, seems like it would make sense to meet in the same area.

Thanks dart64gt for the tip.
Yeah I think it would be cool if we could all try to get together at a certain time on a certain day.....I'll leave that up to somebody who knows the lay of the land....lol Just name the time and the place

....And I will take you up on that drink, Paul:drinkers: the house of blues is within stumbling distance to where we are staying.
I can't wait for the weekend to get here already:toothy10:

The strip is pretty easy to find, just get on the 15 northbound and you'll see it. Its aways from the gambling "strip", but doesn't take long to get there.

Chip Foose will be there on Friday and Saturday. There will also be a display area for Challengers (both new and old) to celebrate the release of the new Challengers. Make sure the check out the Hotchkis display to see the new suspension parts they are developing for Mopars and next years raffle car that they are helping us with.

I'll be checking in from time to time where ocdart and his gang will be hanging out. And those of you who get a chance to checkout Paul at HOB will find that he's a pretty cool guy, got a nice dart too.

See you all there.

I will be running my duster in the slant class, be nice to meet you and others who attend!

TF
I KNOW YOU!!!
you attend the mopar club that im in, i spoke to you at the last 2 meetings.
i was tryin to race you in the wagon when we left last month... lol
i am going to have a booth at the swap meet ...
i will try to make a sign that says "440SCOUT" so people in the know will be able to find me....

Ill Be With My Dad He Has A Sox And Martin 62valiant /6 If U See Him I Should B Around Would Love To Meet As Many Mopar Oil Bleeding Brothers Will B At The Swap Meets Alot Lol But Hey Would Love To Meet Some Of Ya's Well I Gotlong Blk Hair And Pirceings So Not Hard To Miss If Ya See Me Yell Out Andrew Lol Peace See Ya There.

If anybody is looking for a mint 1965 Valiant brochure, I can bring two of them with me to Vegas. Pm me if interested.
Sorry left them behind.......

Valiant0100.jpg

I KNOW YOU!!!
you attend the mopar club that im in, i spoke to you at the last 2 meetings.
i was tryin to race you in the wagon when we left last month... lol
i am going to have a booth at the swap meet ...
i will try to make a sign that says "440SCOUT" so people in the know will be able to find me....

That was You!!! LOL My car spins like a top in the rain around corners.
I will keep a look out for you!

TF

I was planning on going, but my ride/carpool just fell through. :(

Im driving out there tonight. maybe i will see some of you there.

:drinkers:Here in Vegas:cheers: Does anybody know if there is a shuttle service from the strip to the the speedway??
Thanks,
Chris
good to meet you!
sorry i missed you at the cannery,
we were out by the burnouts til 12:30 sat nite :cheers:

Please tell me at least one of you goofs took pictures. :-D

Here are a few picts I shot with my phone.. Not to many a bodies but some sweet rides!!

0321091422.jpg

0321091422a.jpg

0321091426a.jpg

0321091434.jpg

0321091446.jpg

0321091539.jpg

0321091716.jpg

0321091724c.jpg

0321091442.jpg

0321091546.jpg

-
Back