Mopars immortalized in song...

-

Abodywantedinmi

"All I ever need...
Reaction score
Anyone know of songs with Mopars, besides the following? If possible, list the artist, song and the lyric:

Jan and Dean, "Little Old Lady From Pasadena", "But parked in a rickety old garage, is a brand new, shiny red, super stock Dodge".

Beach Boys, "Shut You Down", "Yeah, my fuel injected Stingray and a four-thirteen", "Superstock Dodge is winding out in low".

Billy Falcon, "Power Windows", "Lewis drives a beat-up, '69 Dart, swears its the statue of Mary keeps the car from falling apart".

Rush, "War Paint", "Polishes his honor and the Charger in the garage".

Any others???

B52's

Love shack.

I got me a chrysler it's as big as a whale and its about to set sail. I got me a car it fits about 20 so hurry up and bring your juke box money.

Thought of another...
Joe Walsh, "Ordinary, Average Guy", "Take out the garbage, clean out the garage, my friend's got a Chrysler and I've got a Dodge".

Dick Dale "The Scavenger" "Gotta new Dodge, dual quad 426..."

Usher & Christian "426 Super Stock" "Twelve to one compression, fastest on the block, my 426 super stock.."

Stickshifts "Boss Barracuda" "You can't touch my Boss Barracuda tonight..."

Dick Dale "The Wedge" sorry.....it's an instrumental....

Steve Earl, Copperhead Road:

Now Daddy ran the whiskey in a big block Dodge
Bought it at an auction at the Mason's Lodge
Johnson County Sheriff painted on the side
Just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside
Well him and my uncle tore that engine down
I still remember that rumblin' sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc86_Weoye0

Barenaked Ladies:

And if I had a million dollars
And if I had a million dollars
Well, I'd buy you a K-car
A nice Reliant automobile

ZZ Top - Manic Mechanic, no words about Mopar - but it is definately a Mopar that cranks up in the tune...
C

Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run - has a line about a Hemi powered "Drone"

Not sure about the word Drone, it may be something else.

A "drone" is an unmanned aircraft, usually used for target practice Today the the term "Unmanned Aerial Vehicle" (UAV) would be used. Somehow that wouldn't sound as cool.:-k

Actually, if the line is "drone", he could have been using it negatively to describe a Hemi Super Bee. A drone is a male bee, I think.

Primus - Kalamazoo

"A b c d e f g h I gotta gal wears her toenails long.
Drives a red barracuda, singin meat packer songs
And she aint from kalamazoo.

A b c d e f g h I gotta friend lived in a mercedes-benz.
Then a 55 chrysler where the trunk never ends/
And the plates say kalamazoo."

Cake, short skirt, long jacket.....she want's a car with the cup holder arm rests, she want's a car that will get her there, she's changing her name from Kitty to Karen, she's trading her MG for a white Chrysler Le Baron, I want a girl with a short skirt and a long jacket.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd34vJohGXc

ZZ Top = Mexican Blackbird
"drive that ol Chrysler to Mexico boy"

Mopar or no Car, Six Pack, 4-speed, mother built it for exsussive speed...shaker hood, pistol grip, pull her back and let her rip.....

Where can I get that song, would love to the have "Mopar or no Car" as a ring tone on the cell phone....Kung Fu Fighting is getting old

Dick Dale "The Wedge" sorry.....it's an instrumental....

Dago Red, ya' gotta get outta Texas once in awhile. Dick Dale's "The Wedge" is about a famous body surfing spot in Newport Beach, California. Come on out to SoCal and see for yourself.

Here's another by a group called A Tribe Called Quest called I Left My Wallet In El Segundo

My mother went away for a month-long trip
Her and some friends on an ocean-liner ship
She made a big mistake by leaving me home
I had to roam so I picked up the phone
Dialed Ali up to see what was going down
Told him I pick him up so we could drive around
Took the Dodge Dart, a '74
My mother left a yard but I needed one more
Shaheed had me covered with a hundred greenbacks
So we left Brooklyn and we made big tracks
drove down the Belt, got on the Conduit

Mopar or no Car, Six Pack, 4-speed, mother built it for exsussive speed...shaker hood, pistol grip, pull her back and let her rip.....

Where can I get that song, would love to the have "Mopar or no Car" as a ring tone on the cell phone....Kung Fu Fighting is getting old

The song is by "Slant 6" and it is available on I-tunes as a ringtone, but i believe you have to have an I-phone...

Dago Red, ya' gotta get outta Texas once in awhile. Dick Dale's "The Wedge" is about a famous body surfing spot in Newport Beach, California. Come on out to SoCal and see for yourself.

:read2: Dick Dale is one of the most friendly, affable musicians I've ever met. He did explain the whole surfing thing with reference to the song "The Wedge" and then went and signed my NSS Dart's glove box door for luck anyway !!! Hows a land lubber like me supposed to figure it's a surfin song on an album titled "Checkered Flag" ?:rock:

-
Back