mopars in the rain

-
Well, as many has mentioned....TRACTION....lack of. I recently had my 66 out going to a few shows and got caught in the Florida showers and each stop light acceleration was like driving on ice. Glad no cops were around.
The main thing would be to have a good cloth to wipe the inside of the windshield off now and then or good heater and defroster tubes to burn off the dampness.
20170811_182301.jpg

I think it was a jealous ferd guy telling you that

That is funny, I have limited Ford experience, mainly, rental cars. Horrible bump steer, trucks caddywampus, shimmy when encounter rr tracks, sloppy transmissions, foggy windows in inclement weather, yeah remember every moment. Then there is the Ford truck tail pipe stinkum, I pass or detour those at every chance, wife does too.

Well, as many has mentioned....TRACTION....lack of. I recently had my 66 out going to a few shows and got caught in the Florida showers and each stop light acceleration was like driving on ice. Glad no cops were around.
The main thing would be to have a good cloth to wipe the inside of the windshield off now and then or good heater and defroster tubes to burn off the dampness.View attachment 1715087709
I think the traction problem is the crappy
BF Goodrich tires we are forced to buy. Hockey pucks...

Your 1963 is a slant if still original (only choice then). The distributor can get moisture. My 1969 wouldn't start after a heavy rain. Perhaps the water got up that high, or just condensation. The plant foreman popped the distributor cap off and sprayed WD-40, then it fired up. That was on the Texas gulf where they know about rain. When I drove it thru a deep puddle once, up to the hubcaps, the drum brakes didn't work for ~20 ft until the water worked out. Bicycles with rim brakes are similar. Must be those things the guys refer to.

I drove a Ford work van and did this: Go down a hill and then brake pretty good over some railroad tracks, then ride the brakes hard. The antilock brakes will scare you. Also the steering wheels seem too small.

-
Back