Mopars in the Wild

-
should've taken my camera, went to a local junkyard today, they have a 74-5 ish scamp and a 1973 Charger (got the fender tag off it today) and I saw a 78 Truck and what looked like a 79 shortbed truck. used to be the quarters and roof of a 69 Plymouth B-body in there but they are probobly crushed...

Wow, awesome pictures and great finds! Could I please use the pictures for my website Forgotten Mopars? www.forgotten-mopars.piczo.com

Also, regarding the Dusters....if you get a chance could you please write down the vin numbers for me if you check them out again? Thanks!!!

PM sent. Cool site you've got there!

As far as the "Johnny Cash's Cadillac" method of ending up with that Scamp, I don't think that's happening- it would bankrupt me. (It would also really piss off my wife!) I just bought a fender & grille for my '92 F150 from them earlier this week, and it cost me 55 bucks. Might not sound like much, but that's a chunk of change for us, believe me.. Cheaper to wait and buy one BEFORE it hits the boneyard, I'm sure.

They could make a movie about everyone one of those cars life \\ wow
How about the blue 67 cuda formula s in the begining.love those extra long rear spring shackles.
I bet it has thrush mufflers on it.

Hey SlantSick. I will tell you something I have done before to get whole cars from yards that wont sell. Trade them a car for a car. I have done that several times. Had a little beater **** box and traded up. You may have to give them cash too, but depending, it may be worth it. That Imperial would be so cool to drive around. I would love one of those. Wile I am here, I will post a link to my page. I need to update it though.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2377717/3
99% of these pics were taken by me. None of them were submitted by other people and all of them have been taken in the last 10 years.

Good luck on getting that scamp.

Here are some from my area.

Jul18250.jpg

Jul18252.jpg

Mar06077.jpg

Mar06078.jpg

conv.jpg

IMG00015.jpg

IMG00017.jpg

IMG00038.jpg

Chal.jpg

Aug04304.jpg

Thanks, D Dodge- that '57 Chrysler airport limo may be the coolest thing I've ever seen...

Anybody else got any?

Thanks, D Dodge- that '57 Chrysler airport limo may be the coolest thing I've ever seen...

Anybody else got any?
Glad you liked it. It had offers to buy it taped on the window but I don't know what happened to it. Here's some more.

100_2635 (Medium).JPG

100_2639 (Medium).JPG

Aug28370.jpg

Dakota conv. (Medium).JPG

IMG00036.jpg

IMG00037.jpg

IMG00007.jpg

IMG00008.jpg

IMG00053 (Medium).JPG

IMG00054 (Medium).JPG

I didnt have my camera, but i was at a local Pet Co in a strip mall. Down the lot in front of a Barnes and Noble, a 1970 Coronet 500 4 dr. was parked there. Never seen it before, but it was beat up, not a straight panel on it.

Gotta keep an eye out to see if i can save it.

I try to bring my camera whenever the weather's nice, or on any junkyard trips.. if I don't odds are I'll see some awesome/rare/unusual vehicle, and then never see it again..

Here's a buddy's Pettibone loader.. not a Mope, but powered by a Chrysler flathead.
1pettibone.jpg

1pettibone2.jpg

And a few pics from the Bonny Eagle carshow last spring.. Carshows aren't exactly "in the wild", but the turnout was so poor, this one hardly counted.

'51 Jeep
51jeepwagon.jpg

'58 Jeep panelwagon
58willysjeeppanel.jpg

75scamp.jpg

75scamp2.jpg

78dodgeexpress.jpg

'82 AMC Eagle SX4
82eagleSX4.jpg

This original condition '57 DeSoto made the trip worth it, though. Finned Mopars are a real rarity up here.
57desotoBE4.jpg

57desotoBE.jpg

57desotoBE2.jpg

57desotoBE3.jpg

57desotoBE5.jpg

57desotoBE6.jpg

57desotoBE7.jpg

Yeah, I really like the "frown" in the expression of so many Exner Mopars (see '60-61 Plymouth & '62 Dodge)- and I wouldn't blame that car for being pissed.. it sat in that same spot for about 5 years (sinking a bit more each spring) even though a large driveway, and for that matter a garage, were just feet away- and then it disappeared.

Here's another '59 Coronet with better luck- it's been cruising around the county for ten years now anyway.
59dodgePAR.jpg

59dodgePAR2.jpg

59dodgePAR3.jpg

59dodgePAR4.jpg

I hate when people just let cars rust, especially mopars. Its even worst when you want to save it and they either don't want to sell it, or are asking for $10000000000000.

Yeah, I really like the "frown" in the expression of so many Exner Mopars (see '60-61 Plymouth & '62 Dodge)- and I wouldn't blame that car for being pissed.. it sat in that same spot for about 5 years (sinking a bit more each spring) even though a large driveway, and for that matter a garage, were just feet away- and then it disappeared.

Here's another '59 Coronet with better luck- it's been cruising around the county for ten years now anyway.
59dodgePAR.jpg

59dodgePAR2.jpg

59dodgePAR3.jpg

59dodgePAR4.jpg

What a beautiful car...... With some attitude. :)

Man, that's depressing..

Not a Mopar, but here's a '56 Mercury Montclair that's been sitting in a swamp for 15 years to my knowledge (and probably much longer than that)-

56mercshap8.jpg

56mercshap3.jpg

56mercshap10.jpg

56mercshap8.jpg

56mercshap3.jpg

56mercshap10.jpg

I just discovered that one yesterday. There's also a 57 Chevy sedan delivery out there in a similar condition. That would have been worth some serious money if it wasn't too far gone.

Heres a few from my Saturday morning run.

DSCN1562.jpg

DSCN1551.jpg

DSCN1553.jpg

DSCN1554.jpg

DSCN1555.jpg

DSCN1556.jpg

DSCN1557.jpg

DSCN1559.jpg

DSCN1560.jpg

And just for ***** and giggles ...... Drum roll please.............................
DSCN1561.jpg
How redneck are we really getting?

Well, I decided to add a few more from tonight. I will probably go take a few more of cars I passed today too. A 66-7 Charger, 71 340 Duster, 72 340 Duster, 73 Duster, 73 Charger, and maybe a few others. :) Do you guys want to see X-brand or old stuff too?

So many cars, so little time... lol

69 Coronet 440 and 70 Runner 383 4spd car
coronet001.jpg

coronet002.jpg

coronet003.jpg

coronet039.jpg

coronet041.jpg

coronet040.jpg

-
Back